Wake Forest Translational Science Institute
The Wake Forest Translational Science Institute provides innovative, efficient, and sustainable research infrastructure to accelerate Wake Forest's transformation to a leading health care system that is at the forefront of translating scientific discoveries to impact patient care.
- King Li, MD, MBA: Director of the Translational Science Institute and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research
- Stephen Kritchevsky, PhD: Associate Dean for Research Development
- Lynne Wagenknecht, DrPH: Associate Dean for Interdisciplinary Research
- John Stewart, IV, MD, MBA, FACS: Associate Dean for Clinical Research and Innovation
The Translational Science Institute:
- Provides research leadership on an institutional level through strategic planning, operational and fiscal management, integration, and oversight.
- Develops and promotes translational science as a discipline with a focus on multi-disciplinary team formation and development with the power to appoint and promote faculty.
- Provides internal and external investigators with a single point of access for all of Wake Forest's administrative, service, and regulatory infrastructures. These components can be accessed through the Institute's service arm, Biomedical Research Services and Administration.
As detailed on the Biomedical Research Services and Administration website, the Translational Science Institute employs a team of Research Navigators to provide a single administrative contact to improve efficiency, reduce administrative burden, and shepherd studies through every phase of the research process. Investigators or study staff interested in learning more about Translational Science Institute services or the appointment and promotion process can contact a Research Navigator by phone (336-716-5076), by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by filling out a service request form.