Wake Forest Innovations
Engaging in Open Innovation with Industry
Wake Forest Innovations accelerates the journey from discovery to commercialization so that important scientific discoveries can become life-improving realities.
- We help transform the ideas, discoveries and inventions of our scientists and clinicians into valuable proprietary technologies and license these to industry.
- We help industry to research and develop its own discoveries by providing open access to the intellectual, clinical and research capabilities of Wake Forest.
Through open innovation with industry we improve health by transforming ideas, discoveries and inventions into valuable health care products.
Wake Forest Innovations includes three core groups:
Learn more about Wake Forest Innovations.
A Leader in Academia, Clinical Excellence and Technology Transfer
Positioned at the crossroads of discovery and commercialization, Wake Forest Innovations leverages the academic, technology transfer and research expertise that have been the hallmarks of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for more than 70 years:
- The intellectual capital and expertise in basic medical science that attracts more than $200 million in annual funding
- More than 1,095 Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty
- Recognized within the top five U.S. academic technology transfer offices for licensing income by the Association of University Technology Managers
- Top ranked by Forbes.com for return on research investment
Wake Forest Innovation Quarter
Located in a unique urban setting in the heart of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Wake Forest Innovation Quarter is a beacon for innovation in biomedical science, information technology, advanced materials and engineering with several thousand people engaged in scientific research, product development, higher education and workforce training.
Anchored by internationally recognized Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Inmar and Wells Fargo, the Innovation Quarter provides a fast-paced, highly accessible and wired environment for its knowledge-based community. It offers outstanding high-tech laboratories, offices and meeting facilities, supported by educational and recreational programs that foster the exchange of knowledge and ideas and encourage entrepreneurial behavior.
The Innovation Quarter is a knowledge-based community where dreams take hold and businesses take off.
Learn more about Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.
Areas of Focus
Wake Forest Innovations establishes and manages new business and partnerships based on innovative products and services arising from ideas, discoveries, and the scientific...
By both attracting a diverse mix of academic groups and early and established companies, providing robust company incubator facilities and services, and supporting current...
Preclinical Translational Services is a full-service preclinical contract research organization (CRO) that combines the power of a traditional CRO with the unique ability to...
The Center for Applied Learning at Wake Forest Innovations uses the latest in applied and immersive learning techniques to prepare health care professionals to excel in...
Laboratory Services is a new initiative offered by Wake Forest Innovations that can assist you with data collection for any experiment you can design.
The Program for Medical Ultrasound is a pioneer in teaching the art of ultrasound to physicians, sonographers and other allied health professionals. Each course is enhanced...