On-site Flu Vaccinations
Wellness and Corporate Health Services conveniently provides influenza vaccinations to your employees directly at your worksite.
Controlling Health Care Costs through Flu Vaccinations
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 20% of the population gets the flu each year. The flu vaccine is the single most effective means for preventing infection from the flu virus. Re-vaccination each year is necessary as flu strains are constantly changing.
Offering on-site flu vaccinations to your employees:
- Protects the health of your employees
- Decreases time spent away from the worksite receiving the vaccine at another location
- Reduces absenteeism and loss of productivity, enhancing your bottom line
Key Facts about the Flu Shot
- Receiving a flu shot is the most important step you can take to protect yourself and those around you.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu shot. The vaccine is comprised of inactivated viruses, making it impossible to infect you. You may experience headaches, minor soreness or redness at the injection site, a low-grade fever or runny nose for a day or two after receiving the shot.
- Protection from the flu begins approximately 2 weeks after injection and lasts about a year.