The Winston-Salem Open Aug 20 - 27
Wake Forest Baptist Health brings world-class health care to the world of tennis at the Winston-Salem Open. We provide sports medicine physicians for the care of the players and provide health information to visitors.
Our nationally recognized research in sports injury prevention, preeminent sports medicine physician training programs, and the advanced minimally-invasive treatments that we provide to athletes of all ages, benefit both amateurs and professionals alike.
Visit the Wake Forest Baptist Corporate Booth at the Open. Each day will feature educational and healthy advice from Wake Forest Baptist experts.
Wake Forest Baptist Booth Schedule of Events at the Open
- Saturday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m - 4 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Day - Employees and their family are invited to attend free with their employee day vouchers.
- Saturday, Aug. 20, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Brenner Children's Kids' Day (free but registration is required and limited).
- Sunday, Aug. 21, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center's John Brice, M.Ed., M.P.H., Community Health Educator, will share information on the Rural Tobacco Outreach Project.
- Sunday, Aug. 21, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - TBD
- Monday, Aug. 22, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Per Kristian Moerk, physical therapist, of Wake Forest Baptist Sports Therapy will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open answering visitor's questions regarding proper footwear. Per Kristian will also provide athletic shoe fittings, gait screenings, and answer questions on returning to training after time off from an injury.
- Monday, Aug. 22, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - TBD
- Tuesday, Aug 23, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Courtney Jackson of BestHealth, the community wellness outreach program of Wake Forest Baptist Health, will promote health and wellness tips at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Tuesday, Aug 23, 5 pm - 9 pm - TBD
- Wednesday, Aug. 24, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Annette Frain, RD, LDN, Program Coordinator/Medical Program Registered Dietitian, Weight Management Center
- Wednesday, Aug. 24, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Deb Burcombe, Program Director of Outreach, Aging and Alzheimer's Prevention, J. Paul Sticht Center on Aging.
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - TBD
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 5 p.m. - 9 .m. - Audrey Bell-Farrow, MBA, MHA, Community Engagement Coordinator, Wake Forest Baptist Health's Maya Angelou Center for Health Equity and Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Friday, August 26, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Samantha Lodish, Medical Plaza - Clemmons Urgent Care and Robin Allison, administration, Wake Forest Baptist Health Community Physicians will answer your questions about Community Physician practices which are staffed by Board Certified Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants -- allowing us to care for and meet the needs of the entire family.
- Friday, August 26, 5 p.m. - 9 p,.m. - TBD
- Saturday, Aug. 27, 10 am - 4 pm - The Finals!
Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine are the official physicians for the Winston-Salem Open, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University, UNC School of the Arts, Salem College and the Winston-Salem Dash.
Find more information, including a complete tournament schedule, visit the official Winston-Salem Open site.