The Winston-Salem Open Aug 22 - 29
Wake Forest Baptist Health brings world-class health care to the world of tennis at the Winston-Salem Open. We provide sports medicine physicians for the care of the players and provide health information to visitors.
Our nationally recognized research in sports injury prevention, preeminent sports medicine physician training programs, and the advanced minimally-invasive treatments that we provide to athletes of all ages, benefit both amateurs and professionals alike.
Visit the Wake Forest Baptist Corporate Booth at the Open. Each day will feature educational and healthy advice from Wake Forest Baptist experts.
2015 Schedule of Events
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 10 a.m - 4 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Day - Employees and their family are invited to attend free with their employee day vouchers.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Brenner Children's Kids' Day (free but registration is required and limited).
- Sunday, Aug. 23, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Courtney Jackson of BestHealth, the community wellness outreach program of Wake Forest Baptist Health, will promote health and wellness tips at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Monday, Aug. 24, and Wednesday Aug 26, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Per Kristian Moerk of Wake Forest Baptist Sports Therapy will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open answering visitor's questions regarding proper footwear. Per Kristian will also provide athletic shoe fittings, gait screenings, and answer questions on returning to training after time off from an injury.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Fran Charlton and Megan Berlinger of the Wake Forest Baptist Health Heart & Vascular Center will be at the Winston-Salem Open to provide visitors with live saving information on Heart Disease and prevention, heart attack signs and symptoms, healthy heart eating tips and BMI calculations.
- Friday, August 28, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Community Physicians will be at the Winston-Salem Open to promote Community Physician practices which are staffed by Board Certified Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants -- allowing us to care for and meet the needs of the entire family.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine are the official physicians for the Winston-Salem Open, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University, UNC School of the Arts, Salem College and the Winston-Salem Dash.
Find more information, including a complete tournament schedule, visit the official Winston-Salem Open site.