The Winston-Salem Open Aug 22 - 29
Wake Forest Baptist Health brings world-class health care to the world of tennis at the Winston-Salem Open. We provide sports medicine physicians for the care of the players and provide health information to visitors.
Our nationally recognized research in sports injury prevention, preeminent sports medicine physician training programs, and the advanced minimally-invasive treatments that we provide to athletes of all ages, benefit both amateurs and professionals alike.
Visit the Wake Forest Baptist Corporate Booth at the Open. Each day will feature educational and healthy advice from Wake Forest Baptist experts.
Wake Forest Baptist Schedule of Events at the Open
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 10 a.m - 4 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Day - Employees and their family are invited to attend free with their employee day vouchers.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Brenner Children's Kids' Day (free but registration is required and limited).
- Sunday, Aug. 23, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Sharon Haney, RN, will check blood pressures and can explain what your numbers mean for your overall health at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Sunday, Aug. 23, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Courtney Jackson of BestHealth, the community wellness outreach program of Wake Forest Baptist Health, will promote health and wellness tips at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Monday, Aug. 24, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. and Thursday, Aug 27, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Per Kristian Moerk, physical therapist, of Wake Forest Baptist Sports Therapy will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open answering visitor's questions regarding proper footwear. Per Kristian will also provide athletic shoe fittings, gait screenings, and answer questions on returning to training after time off from an injury.
- Monday, Aug. 24, and Tuesday, Aug 25, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Natrina Jones, RN, will check blood pressures and can explain what your numbers mean for your overall health at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Tammy Chisholm, Jamilah Smith, and Dr. Jim Irion of Wake Forest Baptist Health Family Medicine - King, will answer your health questions at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open.
- Thursday, Aug. 27, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Dr. Brian Downs, Dr. Jordan Wallin, Shanna Cassetta, Aesthetician, Robin Inabinet, RN, Cosmetic Coordinator, and Sarah Hembree, RN, Nurse Clinic Manager of Facial Plastic Surgery at Wake Forest Baptist Health will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open to answer visitor's questions about maintaining facial skin health during an active outdoor life.
- Friday, August 28, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Ashley Welborn, Pediatrics Kernersville, Kenneth Ferris, Family Medicine Reynolda, Samantha Lodish, Medical Plaza - Clemmons Urgent Care and Robin Allison, administration, all part of Wake Forest Baptist Health Community Physicians will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open to promote Community Physician practices which are staffed by Board Certified Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants -- allowing us to care for and meet the needs of the entire family.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine are the official physicians for the Winston-Salem Open, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University, UNC School of the Arts, Salem College and the Winston-Salem Dash.
Find more information, including a complete tournament schedule, visit the official Winston-Salem Open site.