The Winston-Salem Open Aug 20 - 27
Wake Forest Baptist Health brings world-class health care to the world of tennis at the Winston-Salem Open. We provide sports medicine physicians for the care of the players and provide health information to visitors.
Our nationally recognized research in sports injury prevention, preeminent sports medicine physician training programs, and the advanced minimally-invasive treatments that we provide to athletes of all ages, benefit both amateurs and professionals alike.
Visit the Wake Forest Baptist Corporate Booth at the Open. Each day will feature educational and healthy advice from Wake Forest Baptist experts.
Wake Forest Baptist Booth Schedule of Events at the Open
- Saturday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m - 4 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Day - Employees and their family are invited to attend free with their employee day vouchers. Visit the Wake Forest Baptist booth to meet members of our Human Resources staff.
- Saturday, Aug. 20, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Brenner Children's Kids' Day (free but registration is required and limited). Luly Beckles, pediatric trauma prevention and outreach educator, with Brenner Children's Hospital will about sports safety.
- Sunday, Aug. 21, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center's John Brice, M.Ed., M.P.H., Community Health Educator, will share information on the Rural Tobacco Outreach Project.
- Sunday, Aug. 21, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Deb Burcombe, program director of outreach, will share information on the Aging and Alzheimer's Prevention program going on at the J. Paul Sticht Center on Aging. Audrey Bell-Farrow, MBA, MHA, community engagement coordinator, will share information about the work being done at Wake Forest Baptist Health's Maya Angelou Center for Health Equity
- Monday, Aug. 22, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Per Kristian Moerk, physical therapist, of Wake Forest Baptist Sports Therapy will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open answering visitor's questions regarding proper footwear. Per Kristian will also provide athletic shoe fittings, gait screenings, and answer questions on returning to training after time off from an injury.
- Monday, Aug. 22, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Brittany Pendleton, and Kara Thompson will share how the Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma is working to discover and share the best ways to prevent and treat severe injuries in children. They can also tell you about the exciting Dillon Brother's Celebrity 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament coming to the LJVM August 31.
- Tuesday, Aug 23, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Courtney Jackson of BestHealth, the community wellness outreach program of Wake Forest Baptist Health, will share her health and wellness tips to help you stay healthy.
- Tuesday, Aug 23, 5 pm - 9 pm - Deb Burcombe, Program Director of Outreach, Aging and Alzheimer's Prevention, J. Paul Sticht Center on Aging.
- Wednesday, Aug. 24, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Annette Frain, RD, LDN, Program Coordinator/Medical Program Registered Dietitian, Weight Management Center
- Wednesday, Aug. 24, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Ken Bush with Wake Forest Baptist Health's Corporate Health Services will share information on ways employers can manage the health and wellness of their employees by providing integrated healthcare solutions.
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - TBD
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 5 p.m. - 9 .m. - Audrey Bell-Farrow, MBA, MHA, community engagement coordinator, Wake Forest Baptist Health's Comprehensive Cancer Center will share information and answer your questions about new programs.
- Friday, August 26, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Samantha Lodish, Medical Plaza - Clemmons Urgent Care, Ashley Welborn Pediatrics - Kernersville, and Robin Allison, administration, Wake Forest Baptist Health Community Physicians will answer your questions about our community physician practices which are staffed by Board Certified Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants -- allowing us to care for and meet the needs of the entire family.
- Friday, August 26, 5 p.m. - 9 p,.m. - Per Kristian Moerk, physical therapist, of Wake Forest Baptist Sports Therapy will be at the Wake Forest Baptist booth at the Winston-Salem Open answering visitor's questions regarding proper footwear. Per Kristian will also provide athletic shoe fittings, gait screenings, and answer questions on returning to training after time off from an injury.
- Saturday, Aug. 27, 10 am - 4 pm - The Finals! Stop by our booth for free health information and sunscreen.
Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine are the official physicians for the Winston-Salem Open, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem State University, UNC School of the Arts, Salem College and the Winston-Salem Dash.
Find more information, including a complete tournament schedule, visit the official Winston-Salem Open site.