Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Research Admin Coordinator I
Job ID: 2670
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Research AdministrativeWinston-Salem, NCResearch Administrative, Medical, Healthcare5/27/2013Institute for Regenerative MedicineFull-time regular, 40 hours/week With limited faculty supervision, coordinate a variety of administrative research activities for WFIRM including pre-award efforts, proposal submission, and post-award management to assure that research projects comply...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Research-Admin-Coordinator-I-2670.htm
Institute for Regenerative Medicine
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
With limited faculty supervision, coordinate a variety of administrative research activities for WFIRM including pre-award efforts, proposal submission, and post-award management to assure that research projects comply with institutional and sponsor requirements.
1. Identify potential sponsors and programs, communicating the funding opportunities to faculty.
2. Obtain and review and maintain guidelines for both federal and nonfederal grant applications.
3. Obtain and coordinate proposal contents from faculty and staff for assembling grant applications.
4. Function as a key point-of-contact with the Office of Research and other applicable internal departments for the purposes of submitting research grants.
5. Work with administrative staff to develop grant budgets.
6. Prepare and assemble supporting documents to assist PI in writing grants.
7. Monitor regulatory application compliance (IACUC, IRB) and internal routing forms are submitted in a timely fashion.
8. Calculate cost-sharing requirements, indirect rates, and pro-rate budgets as necessary.
9. Assure that sponsor requirements are met.
10. Enter proposal information into the institution's database and submit for institutional review and approval.
11. Create, coordinate and review subcontracts grants applications.
12. Perform post-submission follow-up with sponsor.
13. Review and expedite rebudgeting requests.
14. Coordinate and communicate time and effort information.
15. Work with the Medical Writer to prepare ACUC, IRB, radiation safety, biosafety and other regulatory protocols with investigators.
16. Monitor and advise faculty of regulatory changes.
Job Summary: Coordinate a variety of research activities for assigned departments and provide faculty with administrative support facilitating the timely submission and subsequent post award management for research endeavors to assure that research projects comply with institutional and sponsor requirements. The incumbent will serve as both the ombudsman and liaison to the Office of Research to ensure better support and coordination of all facets of pre and post award services.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education and/or experience
Two years experience with grant preparation and management of grant budgets
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
1. Support faculty research interests and expertise by identifying appropriate potential sponsors and programs, communicating funding opportunity information to faculty by tracking information via computerized and written sources, and facilitating collaboration across faculty within the department.
2. Facilitate grant and/or contract submission by providing training and guidance to faculty members and department administrators. This includes preparation of applications, institutional requirements, and administrative processes as well as providing examples of various types of grant applications to investigators.
3. Help faculty :
Obtain and review guidelines for requests for proposals and requests for applications to recruit and assist faculty applications;
Electronically submit applications to extramural funding agencies;
Finalize proposal submissions and better ensure completeness, adherence to sponsor and institutional requirements and appropriateness of information prior to submission to OR.
4. Work with departmental business administrators and departmental faculty to create better awareness of funding opportunities and submission deadlines; help process grants to the OR.
Project Development/Proposal Submission
5. Assist faculty in obtaining and coordinating proposal components from various participants when multi investigator awards are submitted.
6. Together with BA and faculty create grant budgets from investigator outlines; prepare and assemble supporting documents to assist PI in writing of budget justification.
7. Help create, coordinate and review subcontracts grant applications; Help coordinate negotiation correspondence with management prior to transmittal or contact. Review and recommend approval of draft negotiation correspondences associated with basic research agreements.
8. Facilitate communications to departments by participating in training sessions, and preparing information for institutional publications related to research.
9. Under general supervision, act as a liaison for the department to the Office of Research and extramural funding agencies for contract and grant applications.
10. Help prepare re-budgeting requests; compile and prepare financial progress reports; help arrange for and document the acquisition of equipment; function as liaison to the OR to assist with coordination of sponsor updates of grant information; help coordinate time and effort information; prepare and approve personnel actions related to project.
11. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein; help facilitate the processing of ACUC, IRB radiation safety, biosafety and other regulatory documents with faculty
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to deal effectively with faculty, staff and external sponsors
Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.