Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Accounting Mgr, Sponsored Prog
Job ID: 3274
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare7/5/2013Regenerative MedicineFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekJob Summary: Under the Director of Sponsored Programs and the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM) leadership, performs and manages sponsored programs and intellectual property accounting functions. Manages research...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Accounting-Mgr,-Sponsored-Prog-3274.htm
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: Under the Director of Sponsored Programs and the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM) leadership, performs and manages sponsored programs and intellectual property accounting functions. Manages research funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with applicable institutional and funding agency guidelines, including federal, state, private foundations and associations. The Accounting Manager must possess and demonstrate effective administration and technical skills and exercises a wide range of independent judgment and discretion in discharging duties and responsibilities outlined.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree required, accounting preferred and three years in public accounting or equivalent experience.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
1. Maintain grants accounting records for WFIRM projects and programs involving complex grants and funds. Review commitments for actual expenditures against budget to determine that they are consistent with program objectives; tracks expenditures against program budget providing investigators and management with progress reports on a timely basis
2. Assist investigators and pre-award staff with budget development for grant and program proposals.
3. Maintain accounting records for WFIRM intellectual property expenses including accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
4. Prepare worksheets, analysis, summaries and other financial reports for management at all levels and for submission to third parties; interpret and explain financial information for investigators and management; maintain financial records of assigned activities. Under limited supervision, assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures and systems to allow for strong internal financial accounting controls.
5. Develop working relationships with WFIRM investigators and staff; assist investigators in understanding financial reports; provide guidance on related policies and procedures of the Medical Center and sponsors. Serve as liaison with other departments on grants and intellectual property financial-related activities; answers questions to support managers and administrators within Medical Center.
6. Maintain knowledge of sponsor guidelines and regulations, accounting practice and Medical Center policy and procedures; work with management to develop and implement policies and procedures that are specific to grants financial management. Identify potential issues and provide policy and procedure interpretation to investigators and leadership.
7. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Skills and Qualifications:
Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and regulatory rules
Strong computer skills including automated reporting tools and spreadsheet software
Customer service orientation, strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse clientele both verbally and in writing communication skills.
Demonstrated management skills and ability to manage special projects.
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and process large amounts of information
Grants accounting, post award knowledge and experience.
Department of Defense contracting experience
Detailed knowledge and comprehension of pre- and post-award grant/contract administration
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Office and lab setting. Clean, well-lit climate. Exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, research animals. May be subject to evening or weekend hours and some overnight travel may be required.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.