Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Associate Director Innovation
Job ID: 4613
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare10/18/2013Wake Forest Innovations Business DevelopmentFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekSpecific experience in any or all of the following science arenas: 1) Neuroscience, 2) Cancer Biology / Oncology, 3) Material Technologies and / or 4) Immunology.Job Summary: Senior Scientist/Entrepreneur that...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Associate-Director-Innovation-4613.htm
Wake Forest Innovations Business Development
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Specific experience in any or all of the following science arenas: 1) Neuroscience, 2) Cancer Biology / Oncology, 3) Material Technologies and / or 4) Immunology.
Job Summary: Senior Scientist/Entrepreneur that engages, facilitates, promotes and supports the identification and development of innovative products and intellectual property.
Education / Experience: Bachelors degree in a scientific or engineering field is required with a minimum of 7 years of experience and 10 years is preferred. A proven track-record of product innovation and product development is a must.
Reports To: Director Innovation Team
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: none
1. Actively engages and assists in resource identification and leadership for faculty to develop, nurture, and fund projects leading to innovative products and/or intellectual property.
2. Provide expert problem solving assistance with complex and/or translational projects.
3. Perform feasibility, industry, market, and competitive analysis as required to analyze both internal and external opportunities.
4. Work with various levels of the academic and clinical enterprise (faculty, project teams, departments, centers and institutes, WF leadership) to identify new product and licensing opportunities.
5. Identify and propose new product and licensing opportunities.
6. Function as a business development liaison for outside corporate collaborators and/or early-stage funders.
7. Work with marketing group to develop effective marketing materials and programming.
8. Work with the licensing and commercialization to develop projects with this highest likelihood of success.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to engage with, and gain the confidence of, Wake Forest faculty and other investigators.
Demonstrated expertise to translate research into innovative products.
Extensive hands-on experience with biomedical research.
Expertise and hands-on experience in entrepreneurship with experience in feasibility analysis, development of business plans, and using financing vehicles.
Knowledge of strategic marketing, business-to-business marketing and tactical marketing techniques.
Knowledge of business development and product management in high tech fields (especially bioscience).
Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
Expertise in university technology transfer, intellectual property, and licensing is essential.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.