Payroll Team Leader | Med Ctr Fin Srvs-Payroll
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Payroll Team Leader
Job ID: 4863
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare11/4/20131. Guide, lead and supervise the payroll process through completion according to processing timeline goals. 2. Responsible for completion of analytical requests, account audits and facilitation of various payroll wage verifications, check distribution, process documentation and file...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Payroll-Team-Leader-4863.htm
Medical Center Financial Services - Payroll
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the preparation and distribution of Medical Center payrolls. Position provides support in the preparation and submission of payroll taxes, monthly, quarterly and annual, federal and state forms and reporting. This position will ensure proper compliance with the various federal, state, and local laws affecting the maintenance and retention of all payroll related records. Monitors payroll departmental procedures and processes to ensure proper internal control/policy compliance. Position will provide supervision to assigned payroll personnel.
Education / Experience: Associates degree and five years of payroll experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience with a medical center payroll environment preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience in PeopleSoft's payroll and time and labor system environments preferred.
Reports To: Mgr, WFBH Payroll
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Payroll certification preferred.
1. Guide, lead and supervise the payroll process through completion according to processing timeline goals.
2. Responsible for completion of analytical requests, account audits and facilitation of various payroll wage verifications, check distribution, process documentation and file maintenance.
3. Provide administrative oversight and direct supervision to assigned personnel. This includes hiring, promotions, transfers, merits, completing annual performance reviews and approving employee-requested time off. Coordinate, review and approve daily work of assigned staff.
4. Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll procedures and make appropriate recommendations. Full knowledge and responsibility of non resident aliens payroll procedures and IRS regulations and filing deadlines.
5. Uses knowledge of legal laws and regulations affecting Payroll and Human Resources to ensure internal policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
6. Work with departmental timekeepers to ensure employee hours of work are recorded accurately for payment.
7. Work with internal and external clients and departments to answer questions, resolve issues, provide required reports, obtain and share information related to payroll or payroll procedures.
8. Partner with Staff Compensation to make sure special pay practices are applied to appropriate job codes and/or individual employees within FLSA and consistent legal guidelines. Notify Staff Compensation of special pay practice error based on established guidelines.
9. Perform and/or supervise performance of account reconciliation functions with payroll runs for monthly, quarter and yearly balancing.
10. Assist is preparing payroll related materials and reports for external regulatory and auditor review.
11. Various tasks as assigned by manager or director.
Skills and Qualifications:
Full knowledge of payroll regulations
Ability to interpret governmental and Medical Center payroll-related rules and regulations and apply them to work situations
Ability to establish and maintain effective close working relationships with staff members and external department representatives
Knowledge of FLSA and IRS regulations concerning payroll
Knowledge of Excel, Word, and People Soft HCM/Payroll
Supervisory Experience A Plus
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Clean, well-lit and comfortable office setting
Subject to pressure or deadlines
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.