Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Radiation Therapist
Job ID: 5426
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-TechWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare12/27/2013Full-time Regular, 40 hours/weekCoordinates, plans, and administers high quality comprehensive age/disease appropriate radiotherapy, to oncology patients including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics by utilizing equipment ,computers, and established techniques to...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Radiation-Therapist-5426.htm
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Coordinates, plans, and administers high quality comprehensive age/disease appropriate radiotherapy, to oncology patients including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics by utilizing equipment ,computers, and established techniques to ensure positive patient experience. Demonstrating radiation safety standards with patient and staff members is essential. Experience with MOSAIQ, Varian 2100EX, Electa Infinity, Electa Axesse, CBCT, reading CT treatment plans.
Registered in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), AHA CPR certification in Basic Life Support.
Able to communicate on a professional level with physicians, physicists, nurses, and other health care providers, Computer skills a must. RADIATION THERAPIST 4457
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, coordinate, plan, and administer comprehensive radiotherapy to oncology patients in accordance with prescription and instruction by the Radiation Oncologist.
1. Administer radiation therapy as planned and prescribed. Maintain treatment fields and set up patients as simulated. Calculate daily tumor dose and document treatment as given.
2. Explain procedures to patients. Provide education to patient in order to maximize patient compliance with plan of care.
3. Observe patient for unusual reactions and events. Report information to nursing staff or physician.
4. Assist in tumor localization procedures, preparation of immobilization devices, etc.
5. Perform simulations. Record simulation data for patient set up, treatment delivery, and capture of charges and statistics.
6. Observe radiation safety measures for patient and personnel.
7. Maintain patient markings. Make treatment field photos according to established procedures.
8. Maintain supplies and equipment.
9. Attend meetings and continuing education programs to maintain RRT certification.
10. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from Radiation Oncologists and management. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate degree in radiation therapy and one year experience, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Registered in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiological Technology or board eligible. If board eligible, must be actively pursuing registration.
3. CPR certification.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.