Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Research Lab Technician II
Job ID: 5493
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Laboratory / Animal CareWinston-Salem, NCLaboratory / Animal Care, Medical, Healthcare1/7/2014WAKE FOREST INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE Full-time Regular, 40 hours/weekRESEARCH LABORATORY POSITION - HISTOLOGY TECHNICIANA laboratory technician with experience in histology and immunohistochemistry is needed to support projects involving tissue engineering and regenerative...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Research-Lab-Technician-II-5493.htm
WAKE FOREST INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
RESEARCH LABORATORY POSITION - HISTOLOGY TECHNICIAN
A laboratory technician with experience in histology and immunohistochemistry is needed to support projects involving tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Work involves responsibility for accuracy in preparing, cutting, staining, and mounting tissue sections. General responsibilities of this position are to perform and coordinate activities related to histo- and immunohistochemical staining and analyses.
Qualified technician should possess broad expertise and knowledge in biology, immunohistochemistry, imaging experience to generate morphological data and resolve complex issues associated with data analyses.
Specific duties include operation and maintenance of imaging equipment, including light, fluorescent, confocal and scanning electron microscopes.
Provide technical leadership and training to research team
Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Please see generic description below
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of histology, immunohistochemistry, and immunofluorescence experience.
Working knowledge of IHC theory and experience with hands on IHC performance required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills RESEARCH LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II 4428
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision from a higher level technician or a principal investigator, perform a variety of moderately complex and generally standardized physical, chemical, or biological tests with procedures and techniques previously outlined by established protocols and other scientific data. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
1. Conduct generally standardized chemical, physical, and biological tests on experimental/clinical materials; make micro-analysis, lipids analysis, enzyme studies, and chromatographic studies on various types of tissues, secretions, and excretions.
2. Setup equipment and organize materials used in performing scheduled tests, experiments, and/or operations.
3. Select the appropriate experimental/clinical format from established standard formats; prepare simple charts, graphs, and reports from data obtained during research experiments and observations of research subjects.
4. Isolate and identify various microorganisms through established laboratory techniques.
5. Train and demonstrate to graduate students, medical students, and other technical personnel, a variety of technical procedures.
6. Take blood samples, pressures, and other specimens and measurements as required by research/clinical protocols; inoculate research animals with various pathogens; perform minor animal surgery.
7. Collect tissues and specimens for laboratory analysis; obtain samples, prepare, mount, and stain tissue, blood, and other substances for microscopic examinations.
8. Review scientific journals, abstracts, and other publications for information applicable to research projects.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to lower classified personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in biology, chemistry, zoology, or other science related to the assigned research field.
2. Graduation from high school and four years of related clinical/ research experience, whichever applicable for position to be filled.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.