Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Receptionist-Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center-Family Medicine
Job ID: 5583
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare1/10/2014Our Family Medicine Clinic is seeking a fulltime Receptionist to join their team from Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have the ability to manage multiple priorities and be able to ensure high levels of customer...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Receptionist-Wake-Forest-Baptist-Health-Lexington-Medical-Center-Family-Medicine-5583.htm
Our Family Medicine Clinic is seeking a fulltime Receptionist to join their team from Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, have the ability to manage multiple priorities and be able to ensure high levels of customer service to patients and their families. The Receptionist is responsible for greeting patients in a kind and courteous manner, assisting the departmental day to day operation, including answering phone, checking patients in and out, entering new patient information into computer, verifying benefits, posting patient charges, copying, collating, filing and other duties as assigned. In order to qualify for this position, the candidate must be a high school graduate, have previous experience in a healthcare office and strong interpersonal skills are required.
1.Greets and performs check-in functions.
- Creates and displays a positive first impression to all who enter the practice.
- Acknowledges all who enter with appropriate greeting.
- Provides positive and helpful interactions with patients, family members, visitors, practice staff, and volunteers.
- Displays knowledge of campus and department locations as needed.
- Demonstrates familiarity of and knows how to locate pertinent hospital and physician practice staff and departments.
- Gives accurate and understandable directions to all who present in need.
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and safe environment at the desk, entrance, and waiting area.
2. Preparation of patient charts.
- Responsible for preparation of patient charts with each visit.
- Instructs patient to complete/update new patient information and attach information in chart.
- Inserts appropriate appointment sheets, Problem List and Medication Sheet into chart.
- Obtains copy of insurance card, scans into computer system, and places in back of chart.
- Performs check-in functions with ease and accuracy.
- Updates patient demographic/insurance information with each patient.
- Prints encounter form accurately.
- Manages irate patients with ease when discussing appointments, collection balances, lack of insurance cards and co-pays.
3. Performs other tasks pertinent to the information desk.
- Performs the basic computer skills, which are necessary to access patient information for the purpose of given proper directions and instructions to patients, family members, and visitors.
- Performs initial patient tracking process and alerts staff of patient's arrival.
- Alerts Practice Administrator of safety and security concerns.
- Displays awareness of the activity involved with the functioning and operation of the information desk and waiting area and responds appropriately to that activity.
4. Demonstration of cultural, societal, and age-specific awareness.
- Realizes and responds appropriately to the cultural and social diversity of patients, their family members, and visitors.
- Demonstrates support, understanding and provides the appropriate assistance to those who present in need.
- Reacts and responds appropriately to the pediatric, adolescent, adult and older adult patient, their family members, visitors and others of our community, as well as, fellow hospital staff who may present in need.
5. Enters patient information into computer.
- Enters patient information into computer with accuracy.
- Enters both demographic and insurance information in a timely manner.
6. Schedules appointments/takes messages.
- Schedules appointments/takes messages accurately and efficiently.
- Operates computer system with ease and efficiency. Schedules appointments in a timely fashion, with very little hold time for patients.
- Recognizes urgency/necessity of problems/complaints when scheduling appointments.
- Recognizes appointment scheduling conflicts with provider schedules and makes changes accordingly.
- Documents accurately, promptly and in a legible manner.
- Demonstrates competency providing complete, appropriate, and accurate documentation on patient medical records and inner-office forms.
8.Performs check-out functions.
- Performs check-out functions with ease and accuracy.
- Enters charges and diagnoses in computer with accuracy.
- Makes referrals for patients.
- Collects co-pays with accuracy.
- Balances at close of day without errors.
- Evaluates patient telephone complaints/questions with accuracy.
- Takes accurate telephone messages and forwards to clinical staff in a timely manner.
- Identifies urgent/emergent patient complaints and reports to provider immediately.
10.Medical record filing and maintenance.
- Files all records in numerical order.
- Repairs/replaces records in poor condition.
- Searches for charts not in medical record file.
- Files all progress notes, lab and x-ray reports, correspondence, status reports, phone messages and updated insurance information in chronological order, under the appropriate tab or designed location in the medical record.
- Ensures that all information is filed in the medical record in a timely and accurate manner.
- Copies and prepares medical records for release to physicians, insurance companies, employers, and other healthcare providers/agencies in a timely manner.
11.Maintains positive working relationships.
- Establishes, maintains, and provides for positive relationships and co-existence with staff.
- Provides assistance to fellow staff members as needed.
- Demonstrates and provides clear and understandable written and spoken messages to all staff.
12. Performs additional job duties.
- Perform duties in an independent manner with minimal supervision.
- Regularly assists coworkers as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clean and orderly work area.
- Maintains and orders adequate supplies.
- Completes assignments before leaving.
- Willing to work additional hours when needed.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 250 Hospital Drive, Lexington, NC 27293. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 238-4205. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 238-4205 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Health-Lexington Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.