Care at Home
There's nothing like being at home when you're recovering from an illness or a stay at a health care facility. And that's especially true when you can rely on the help of Wake Forest Baptist Health Care at Home.
Why Do You Need Home HealthCare?
You're returning to the comfort and familiar surroundings of your own home. So why do you still need a nurse or therapist? It's because your doctors believe your best chance of recovering is for you to receive visits from a home health nurse or therapist. They will make sure your treatment, which began here in the health care facility is continued and completed at your home.
Wake Forest Baptist Heath Care at Home allows you to recover at home. It also ensures your home health team works with your hospital and community doctors to coordinate your care and get you the special care you need.
The Care at Home Difference
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Gentiva Healthcare combined resources to enhance the way people receive one of the most important types of care - home health. Patients receive the benefit of two health care leaders committed to delivering innovative, excellent patient care. We ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
With Wake Forest Baptist Health Care at Home, you can count on a team of professionals who share the same goals for your care and health. We are committed to a high level of communication and clinical standards to ensure you achieve your goals.
- Gentiva is the nation’s largest home care provider and has more than 40 years of experience providing compassionate and excellent care.
- A leader in senior health, Wake Forest Baptist Health has 25 years of research on aging and rehabilitation conducted at Wake Forest Baptist’s Sticht Center on Aging and Rehabilitation.
The result is a home health care group that offers you many benefits that other agencies may not provide:
- We offer a seamless transition from a health care facility to your home. Our goal is to help you become as independent and healthy as possible.
- You have access to a variety of services while you are at home. We coordinate this care so it’s as convenient as possible for you and your caregivers.
- Our doctors are a part of your health care team, even when you are at home. They, along with our nurse practitioners and physician assistants, review your progress and keep your primary doctor involved in your care.
- If needed, we will gladly help you investigate your insurance benefits for home health care.
Scope of Services
Depending upon your health care needs, your home health care team members may include:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Home health aides
- Social workers
- Care transition specialists
Together, they work with you to help you manage your recovery and medications. They help you set your recovery goals and work with you so you can become as independent as possible.
Specialty programs Care at Home offers include:
- Care transition management
- Stroke care
- Cardiology care
- Orthopaedic care
- Fall prevention