Breast Cancer Quiz
1. True or False. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the United States.
2. True or False. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States.
3. True or False. Having breast cancer in one breast, regardless of treatment, increases your risk of getting cancer in your other breast.
4. True or False. Benign tumors, once removed, do not usually grow back.
5. Which of the following statements about malignant tumors is correct?
a) They can be a threat to life.
b) After being removed, they can grow back.
c) They can spread to other parts of the body.
d) They can invade and damage nearby organs and tissues.
e) All of the above.
6. True or False: Having a family history of breast cancer means you will get it.
7. Which of the following two facts is true of breast cancer in the United States?
a) Breast cancer is diagnosed in white women more than any other ethnic or racial group.
b) African-American women are more likely to die of breast cancer than any other ethnic or racial group.
8. True or False. Women who never had children are less likely to have breast cancer.
9. All but which of the following put women at greater risk of breast cancer:
a) Being overweight or obese after menopause.
b) Drinking alcohol.
c) The younger a woman is when she has her first child.
d) Having the first menstrual period before age 12.
10. True or False. The five-year survival rate for all women diagnosed with breast cancer is 90 percent, and the five-year survival rate for women who are diagnosed early and whose cancer is confined to the breast is 98 percent.
Check your answers