Benefit by Quitting
Write down why you want to quit.
- Former smokers live longer than continuing smokers
- Quitting smoking helps decrease the frequency and severity of chest pain
- You will save money
- You will have healthier babies and children
- Have better health and lower the risk for cancer, lung and heart disease
- Feel in control of your life
- Set a good example for your children
- Protect your family’s health from second-hand smoke
- Have more energy
- Breathe better; no more coughing
- Better smelling breath and less stain on your teeth
- Smell and taste food better
When you feel yourself slipping, review your list.