Administrative Secretary | Int Med-Administration
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Administrative Secretary
Job ID: 4313
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare3/10/2014Administrative Secretary Internal Medicine ResidencyAcademic Secretary to Residency Program Director: Maintain Program Director''''s calendar and serve as central contact for others in the Medical School, Hospital, and with outside professional organizations Schedule appointments, organize...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Administrative-Secretary-4313.htm
Internal Medicine Residency
Academic Secretary to Residency Program Director:
- Maintain Program Director's calendar and serve as central contact for others in the Medical School, Hospital, and with outside professional organizations
- Schedule appointments, organize travel arrangements, and transcribe a wide variety of non-clinical dictation
- Organize all incoming mail, making disposition independently whenever possible
- Organize and maintain teaching files and references pertinent to various educational projects, i.e. Communication Skills ambulatory curriculum (each month prepare and distribute packets to interns participating in the ambulatory seminars)
- Provide data entry, library and photocopy assistance as needed
- Maintain Program Director's journal subscriptions and national Membership dues
Primary Support for both the current and rising ACMs:
Assist Assistant Chiefs of Medicine related to their Residency Program responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Make travel arrangements for APDIM and Duke EBM Workshop, submit proper paperwork before/after travel (rising ACMs)
- Prepare and distribute EBM packets for the ambulatory curriculum sessions
- Prepare Semi-Annual Review folders
- Type and format correspondence when requested
- Provide data entry and photocopy assistance as needed
- Design posters for various residency meetings/events
- Order business cards and lab coats
Function as an interdependent member of the support staff of the Residency Program under the supervision of the Program Administrator
- Interview Season – Assist with interview season and post match from mid-October to mid-March including ERAS downloads, updates to recruiting materials, recruitment lunches, maintain rank list spreadsheet, follow-up and post match letters.
- Research Day Coordinator - Oversee all aspects and serve as central contact. Compile Research Day booklet. Coordinate arrangements for the day (room reservations, lunch), photograph event, oversee setup/tear down and be on hand day of event for any issues
- Internal Medicine Monthly Schedule – enter into Wake into Wake On Call
- Resident Grand Rounds - Provide coordinated support for the organization, submission, and evaluation of these senior resident presentations. Prepare feedback forms for each presentation and compile obtained feedback. Maintain a binder of these presentations.
- Resident Lunches – Coordinate resident lunches for noon conference, clinic team rep meetings and various other residency meetings and submit invoices for payment.
- Resident Travel – serve as central contact for travel authorization and waiver forms, submit paperwork before/after travel to Program Director, Vice Chair and Controller's Office, and maintain documentation of these travels for future use
- Serve as central contact for the Residency Program educational materials and maintain sign-out sheets.
- Order office supplies, etc., for residency staff, Program Directors, and ACM's.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.