Assistant Nursing Manager - Hem-Onc PBC | Hem-Onc PBC
Job Title: Assistant Nursing Manager - Hem-Onc PBC
Job ID: 4335
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-Clinical
Assistant Nurse Manager - Hem-Onc PBC
- Supervise and assist with evaluation of staff.
- Ensure all staff follows established standards of nursing practice and comply with policies and procedures.
- Ensure clinic is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Educate staff regarding new policies and procedures.
- Maintain accountability of all controlled substances according to federal and state law.
- Act as a liaison for clinic by attending meetings and reporting to appropriate personal as necessary.
- Provide specialized nursing care for hematology and oncology patients.
- Assist patients in finding drug assistance programs to help defray cost of medications not covered by insurance. Refer patients to appropriate resources.
- Maintain open communication with office physician and staff to provide excellent patient care.
- Accomplish responsibilities through teamwork and through continuous quality improvement.
- To perform those responsibilities specified in the job description of the Ambulatory Clinic Nurse (see attachment).
- To assist with training and orientation of all staff to this clinic.
- To be responsible for the development or revision of policies and procedures directly related to the clinic with final approval from the Director of Nursing.
- To assist with performance evaluations annually on all personnel in the clinic.
- To act as a liaison for the Hematology and Oncology clinic to other Oncology Nursing Teams, physicians, hospital staff and other auxiliary personnel.
- To periodically evaluate those persons working in the clinic and to intervene should problem areas exist.
- To be responsible for communication to improve or change operations concerning the clinic.
- To intervene in problems directly related to the clinic.
ASSISTANT NURSING MANAGER 6650
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with another clinical or nurse manager, assist in planning, developing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the activities/operations of a clinical practice; assume responsibility and accountability for the clinical practice in the absence of the clinic manager or for a smaller clinic with less than ten nursing and/or clinic staff.
1. Participate in ensuring the delivery of nursing/patient care in accordance with education/experience, established policies/procedures, licensure/certification requirements; monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/nursing support personnel; provide staff development opportunities; and document current licensure/certification of nursing/nursing support staff.
2. Develop work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, appropriate resources (space and facilities).
3. Supervise and coordinate personnel activities, including but not limited to hiring and performance management (promotions, transfers, corrective action, grievances).
4. Provide oversight for general clinical operations including, but not limited to record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
5. May assess fiscal requirements, prepare budgetary recommendations, monitor and reconcile expenditures.
6. May prepare management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
7. May act as departmental liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Holder of a North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse. BLS required.
3. Three years of nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a nursing team leader capacity.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Nursing.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.