Cardiology Stress Tech - Davie County Hospital | Davie County Hospital
Job Title: Cardiology Stress Tech - Davie County Hospital
Job ID: 2303
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Tech
Selected candidates will be employed by Davie County Emergency Health Corporation at the West Campus.
Renders highly skilled, technical cardiovascular testing to various age levels ranging from pediatrics, adolescent, adult and geriatrics while maintaining a safe testing environment. Provides patient comfort and care. Provides effective communication with other health professionals regarding patient's medical history and test results, which contributes to patient outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology with course work in EKGs, exercise physiology, exercise prescription and cardiovascular pharmacology, anatomy, and pathophysiology; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of one year of basic EKG recognition and interpretation. Experience or internship performing exercise or pharmacological stress testing preferred.
- Patient contact through clinical experience or internship preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
- Current completion of CPR course required.
- American College of Sports Medicine certification as Exercise Specialist preferred.
- ACLS preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
- EKG recognition at rest and during exercise, including arrhythmias and ischemic changes, as well as proper response to emergency and sub-acute situations. Diagnostic interpretation of EKGs and physiological responses to exercise or pharmacological stressor.
- Blood pressure monitoring at rest and during exercise. Symptom limited exercise stress test administration, including patient assessment and history, patient preparation, testing endpoints, and contraindications. Able to communicate on a professional level with physicians and ancillary personnel regarding patient's medical history and diagnostic test results. Able to communicate/interact on a professional basis with patients and their families.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.