Clinic Coord Hickory Clinic | Hickory Clinic
Job Title: Clinic Coord Hickory Clinic
Job ID: 2733
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-Clinical
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, plan, develop, manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities/operations for an off-site clinical center which includes supervision responsibilities for a clinical staff of ten or more.
1. Direct and manage the operations and functions of an off-site clinical center. This includes supervising all nursing, medical, and clinic support staff maintaining patient flow and staff coverage at all times.
2. Ensure that the delivery of highest quality patient care is provided according to center policies and procedures as well as external regulatory agencies; monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/support personnel; provide staff development opportunities; and coordinate center-wide Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
3. Develop work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, appropriate resources (space and facilities).
4. Supervise and coordinate personnel activities, including but not limited to hiring, performance reviews, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
5. Prepare salary, expense and capital equipment budget annually. Operate the center within approved budgetary provisions; assess fiscal requirements, monitor and reconcile expenditures, and review and maintain all ancillary contracts and letters of agreement.
6. Prepare management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
7. Develop and maintain communication with management, staff and patients/customers.
8. Serve as the Center's Safety, Infection Control, and HIPAA officer.
9. Act as departmental liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
10. Oversee general clinical operations including, but not limited to record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
11. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing and four years of nursing experience (two years of which must have been at the administrative and/or supervisory level) or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
2. Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
3. Holder of a North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse.
Clinic CJob Code/Title: 1370 Clinic Coordinator
Job Summary: The Clinic Coordinator is a Registered Nurse who provides clinical and administrative leadership in the care of the clinic-specific patients. Responsibilities include direct patient care, staff management / development and accountability for the quality, service excellence and workplace experience. Ensures clinic / staff compliance with all regulatory standards. Assumes accountability as delegated by the Director of Operations. Serves as a role model for professional practice.
Education/Experience: Graduation from accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred. Minimum of 2 years nursing experience required, preferably in a specialty clinic
Prior management experience preferred
Reports To: Director of Operations, Ambulatory Services
1. Directs staff to ensure departmental quality improvement activities are prepared within The Joint Commission n and other regulatory agencies.
Ensures staff has performed quality improvement functions, reporting monthly.
Assists with evaluation of data and changes to or addition of studies.
2. Manages staff to accomplish the departmental objectives.
Recruiting, interviewing, and selecting applicants.
Orienting and training staff on hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Conducting 90-Day and Employee Reviews on time.
Utilizing the disciplinary process when appropriate
Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of the clinic orientation program.
Participates in, promoting opportunities for and encouraging staff to attend in-service and continuing education.
3. Manages and facilitates quality care.
Implementing written standards and quality improvement.
Monitoring systems for patient care.
Contributing to the continuity of care for the employee through collaboration with practitioner/physician.
Improving health maintenance by participating in current immunization programs as recommended.
4. Assures open communication.
Working collaboratively with fellow employees to maintain cohesive work environment.
Following appropriate ?chain-of? command? for problem solution.
Maintaining liaison with medical Director for information regarding patient treatment.
Maintaining confidentiality in relating to client medical information.
Utilizing nursing assessment skills to appropriately refer clients as necessary.
5. Coordinates the daily operation of the clinic.
Planning patient care assignments and nursing activities.
Maintaining equipment and supplies.
Monitoring environmental physical condition of the clinic.
Maintaining a safe work environment.
6. Ensuring cost effective operation of the clinic.
Maintaining cost awareness of supplies and follows cost economies.
Promoting and monitoring cost effective practices regarding staffing, supplies and equipment.
Assisting with preparing the monitoring clinic budget.
7. Participates in professional and clinical continuing educational opportunities.
Attending workshops, seminars, and staff development opportunities.
Continuing professional and clinical growth by participating in workshops particular to current health issues, physical assessment, Infection Control and Safety.
Maintaining current CPR certification.
8. Protects self, co-workers, and facility by following approved policies and procedures to prevent the spread of blood borne/airborne disease(s).
Using work practice controls, engineering controls, and personal protective equipment appropriate for specific procedure(s).
Ensuring that staff adheres to OSHA/IC guidelines.
Serving as a role model for staff.
9. Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Demonstrating knowledge of physical, motor/sensory, mental, psychosocial, safety, and developmental factors in the Age-Specific Care Guidelines.
Providing for staff?s integration of age-specific care knowledge related to disease processes, diagnostic tests, treatment modalities, and expected outcomes in assessing patient needs and planning care.
Ensuring the ongoing assessment, maintenance, demonstration, and continual improvement of staff competence related to age-specific needs of patients.
Utilizing communication skills in obtaining information, providing education, and conveying patient needs sensitive to age and developmental level of the individual patient/family.
Maintaining competence related to age-specific patient care by regularly updating knowledge of growth and development, the aging process, and strategies to meet related needs.
10. Manages ongoing relationship with internal and external departments to assure an exceptional patient care experience is delivered at every encounter.
Serving as primary contact between specialty departments.
Addressing concerns and complaints of customers ? internal and external.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
May be exposed to infections/contagious diseases
May be exposed to housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals
Contact with patients under variety of circumstances
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
Low exposure to CRT screens
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
?oord - Hickory
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.