Clinical Manager | Surgery Urology
Job Title: Clinical Manager
Job ID: 3625
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / Management
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, provide overall administrative direction and coordination for policies, procedures, and programs of a large clinic. Ensure the optimum utilization of facilities, space, information systems, and manpower in the accomplishment of clinic objectives.
1. Provide administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation, and administration of current and long range policies, procedures, and programs.
2. Establish and administer clinical business guidelines:
a) develop patient registration policies and procedures
b) supervise the maintenance of medical records within the clinic
c) develop and revise charge forms
d) supervise and implement all billing procedures and coordination with the business office
e) act as liaison with insurance companies and billing office.
3. Determine fiscal requirements of clinic and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
4. Establish major schedules, task assignments, and allocation of manpower, space, and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental commitments.
5. Conduct meetings involving administrative personnel to ensure compliance with established clinic and Medical School practices and procedures.
6. Responsible for supervising administrative personnel from the major clinical units; supervise and coordinate various personnel functions including but not limited to hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
7. Coordinate the compilation of and prepare financial and operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions.
8. Represent departmental chairman in meetings, conferences, and other affairs of an administrative nature; negotiate and make decisions in areas delegated on behalf of chairman.
9. Approve orders for all clinical supplies and non-capital equipment. Determine need for and order all major office equipment items including copiers, facsimile machines, computers, printers and other capital equipment.
10. Plan and coordinate construction, renovation, and maintenance activities within or related to the clinic.
11. Monitor clinical functions, patient flow management, and develop procedures to ensure patient satisfaction.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Five years of administrative work experience in hospital or medical school setting.
3. PC and mainframe computer experience.
4. Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Business or Health Administration.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.