Davie Medical Center-BRC Radiologic Technologist 2 | Davie County Hospital
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Davie Medical Center-BRC Radiologic Technologist 2
Job ID: 5160
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-TechWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare11/26/2013Job Summary: Performs diagnostic radiology procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures which are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Davie-Medical-Center-BRC-Radiologic-Technologist-2-5160.htm
Job Summary: Performs diagnostic radiology procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures which are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to patients and other members of the health care team.
Education / Experience:Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology
Associate degree preferred
One year experience preferred
Reports To: Radiology Manager
Job Code / Title: 2495 / Staff Radiologic Technologist 2
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Current ARRT registry
Original Date: 7/92
Last Revision: 10/2013
Job Summary: Performs diagnostic radiology and CT procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures which are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to patients and other members of the health care team.
Education / Experience: Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology
Reports To: Chief Technologist, Assistant Chief Technologist
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
? Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography and CT
? Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography and CT
? Registry eligible for CT allowed and must become registered within 12 months of employment
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures. Participates in departmental in-service and educational offerings. Contributes to the overall quality of services.
2. Performs or assists in performing diagnostic and CT procedures in accordance with the North Carolina Regulation for Protection Against Radiation. Maintains appropriate education and credentials.
3. Maintains coordination of activities with others to accomplish work objectives.
4. Ensures readiness of emergency equipment and supplies; recognizes and reacts appropriately to potential emergency situations.
5. Maintains knowledge of procedures, equipment and systems used to perform job functions. Ensures availability of supplies and readiness of equipment.
6. Ensures accurate patient records via correct data entry, validation and archival of images.
7. Provides instruction, education and consultation to health care personnel and patients to promote improved quality of patient care.
8. Provides emergency on-call coverage after normal working hours as required.
9. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age/Development Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
Skills and Qualifications:
? Able to maintain daily schedules
? Certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
? Able to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other ancillary professional staff when discussing procedures and patient?s care.
? Clinical skills to enable recognition and to function accordingly in relation to priorities of patient needs.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
? Exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
? Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases.
? Exposed to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes.
? Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards.
? Frequently exposed to radiation hazards.
? Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical/power equipment.
? Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens.
? Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
? Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
? Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment.
? Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
? Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
? Handles emergency or crisis situations.
? Subject to long irregular hours.
? Handles absentee replacement on short notice.
? Clean work area.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.