Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Director of Interactive Marketing & Digital Strategy
Job ID: 5731
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare1/22/2014Director reports to the Associate VP, Marketing & Operations. He/she develops, implements and supports the organization & interactive marketing platforms, including social and mobile, intended to drive revenue generation and organization...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Dir-InteractiveMkt---DigStrategy-5731.htm
The Interactive Marketing & Digital Strategy Director reports to the Associate VP, Marketing & Operations. He/she develops, implements and supports the organization & interactive marketing platforms, including social and mobile, intended to drive revenue generation and organization reputation. He/she leads leads a cross-functional team responsible for programming, CMS selection, content generation and management, navigation, functionality, and documentation for the Medical Centers websites and mobile platforms. The Director serves a key role within the marketing group and the organization at large to advise on the best ways to leverage interactive mediums to achieve results. A high degree of initiative and advanced interpersonal skills are needed to succeed in a large, complex academic medical center.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Director develops, implements and supports the organization's interactive marketing platforms intended to drive revenue generation and organizational reputation. He/she leads a cross-functional team responsible for the development and management of digital & mobile strategies, with particular focus on supporting institutional, marketing and communications goals. Responsible for implementing digital strategy through daily focus, development coordination, editorial content, navigation and documentation of the Medical Center's website, including the home page and key sub-sites, as well as measuring results. Consults on intranet development and strategy in collaboration with internal communications team. Serves as the organization's strategist and futurist in Internet and intranet content, functionality and measurement of effectiveness. The Director needs a high degree of initiative and advanced interpersonal skills in order to succeed in a large, complex organization.
- A Master's degree in business or health administration with a major emphasis in marketing, or commensurate work experience, is required.
- A minimum 10 years of business experience in marketing, planning or program development, preferably in a healthcare setting, is required.
- Technical web-related project management experience is required.
- Employee management experience is required.
- Background with intranet development and management strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to influence decisions in a matrixed reporting structure.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work individually or as a team member and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of analytical ability needed to develop and evaluate plans and strategies.
- Expertise in Web design and development, including an understanding of multiple content delivery systems and programming methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing practices involving Internet and intranet, mobile platforms, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), online advertising, e-marketing, e-mail marketing, banner advertising, online affiliate marketing, and Web measurement analytics.
- Excellent project management skills, with the organizational ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated experience using electronic media to drive business initiatives. Experience building and leading an e-commerce initiative.
- Must be detail oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent customer service, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills required. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
1. Adheres to the general Medical Center standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Following Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Following departmental policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the overall quality of services.
- Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures
2. With the Associate VP, Marketing, establishes the Medical Center's interactive marketing, mobile and digital strategy.
- Serves as the digital and mobile expert for the institution to enable a continually state-of-the-art digital presence and the ability to be an early adopter of new digital/mobile opportunities, including social media and mobile communication, to grow business.
- In coordination with Marketing staff, strategizes, plans, and integrates online marketing with offline marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Develops and delivers Internet and/or intranet plans to functional leads, key stakeholders, and target audiences across the system as required.
- Supports internal clients by delivering digital strategies derived from customer data, research and response analysis, and online development.
- Utilizes marketing data and acumen to track and report on the effectiveness of Internet marketing success and appeal, and analyze Web service usage trends to improve and/or enhance functionality. Ensures that the Medical Center internal and external websites appropriately support the brand.
3. Directs Internet/Intranet web activities in order meet Medical Center needs and achieve maximum results.
- Serves as primary contact to Web agency partner and manages site re-design by coordinating production and architectural requirements, maintaining production schedule, and coordinating internal and third-party contributors.
- Performs search engine optimization for broad site and departmental projects.
- Provides recommendations on content needs for online initiatives.
- Determines application development and testing requirements in support of the institution's digital communications needs.
- Provides guidance and direction to other departments to resolve Web-related issues.
- Creates training programs to keep departments' Web staff up to date in emerging technologies.
- Member of the Medical Center's Digital Steering Committee
- Develops and manages the Medical Center's interactive marketing budget.
- Creates and manages website documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees Medical Center content management system and Web page template system.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Web writing fundamentals and facilitates site content development as needed.
4. Directs and manages the activities of Medical Center web team.
- Manages and evaluates Web team consisting of:
- Digital Content Developers
- Web Programmers
- Creates and mentors a strong team with direct reports focused on growth, change, accountability for results, risk-taking and professionalism
5. Serves as primary resource and provides project leadership for implementation for Medical Center electronic communications systems and subsystems. Prioritizes and manages requests/projects related to these systems
- Fully understands needs, assesses initial specifications and estimations (both cost and time) for future project suggestions and works with internal stakeholders to manage resources needed for development of future Web initiatives.
- Analyzes and justifies investments in digital/mobile technologies and content.
- Prepares and manages project budgets, explaining budget variances.
- Formulates and monitors project plans and schedules.
- Directs efforts of others involved with the project, including contracted vendors.
6. Develops and chairs the Medical Center's Web user committee.
- Conducts regular meetings of Web users throughout the Medical Center and reports results of these meetings to appropriate Marketing and Information Services management.
- Leads discussion of issues related to Web development.
- Identifies areas of concerns, and leads group in developing strategies to address these concerns
7. Acts as a technical resource to Medical Center departments' web personnel and marketing staff.
- Evaluates and recommends purchase of all Web hardware and software.
- Organizes training sessions for internal users working on departmental Web pages/sites
- Maintains a high level of personal technical proficiency.
- Stays abreast of current Web and database trends.
- Analyze hardware and software for future applicability for both Marketing and the Medical Center Web needs.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.