EMT-P Paramedic - part-time | Emerg Rm Nursing
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: EMT-P Paramedic - part-time
Job ID: 5643
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-TechWinston-Salem, NCAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare1/16/2014EMERGENCY ROOM - NURSINGPart-time Regular, 20 hours/weekSalary Range: $15.70 - 19.65/hourWFBMC is seeking a highly motivated and skilled EMT- Paramedic with 3-5 years experience. Candidate will provide emergency care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and Physician....http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/EMT-P-Paramedic---part-time-5643.htm
EMERGENCY ROOM - NURSING
Part-time Regular, 20 hours/week
Salary Range: $15.70 - 19.65/hour
WFBMC is seeking a highly motivated and skilled EMT- Paramedic with 3-5 years experience. Candidate will provide emergency care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and Physician. Paramedic will collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to provide exceptional patient care to those patients within the Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments. Paramedics will be required to work 20 hours a week during those hours that will meet the greatest need of the Emergency Department. Please submit your resume and a reference letter from your County EMS Director with your application.
Minimum Qualifications: BLS/ACLS/PALS/ITLS certifications with 3-5 years experience at EMT-Paramedic level. NC-OEMS certification as EMT-P mandatory. National Registry and/or Critical Care EMT-Paramedic preferred. Job Code / Title: 0212/ ED EMT-P (Paramedic)
Original Date: 11/15/13
Last Revision: 11/15/13
Job Summary: Provides emergency care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and Physician. Oversight for clinical practice will be provided by the Medical Director. Skill set approved by NC- OEMS will be utilized, within the parameters established by the Nursing and Medical director leadership. The paramedic collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with standards of care and practice for the Emergency Department setting.
Education / Experience: Paramedic certificate, associate?s degree or bachelor?s degree. Three years Emergency Services experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas
NC- OEMS certification as EMT-P, mandatory. Critical care certificate or national registry paramedic, preferred
Maintains certification through affiliation with approved NC-OEMS education provider.
1. Utilizes provides patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes rapid evaluation of life threatening emergencies, implementation of prescribed therapies within scope of practice, collaboration with nurisng and medical team to establish treatment goals.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
Amount of time spent performing the following activities
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
X Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Subject to highly stressful and crowded conditions
Moderate noise environment
Required to wear PPE
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Subject to many interruptions
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.