NP/PA Emergency Medicine-Greensboro | Greensboro Emer Physicians
Job Title: NP/PA Emergency Medicine-Greensboro
Job ID: 1448
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: FAC
Patient Care at Greensboro Outreach Locations - Cone Health, Wesley Long, MedCenter High Point and Annie Penn.
Job Code/Title: 6699/Emergency Medicine NP/PA
Reports To: James Hoekstra, MD
Original Date: October 2009
Job Summary: Augment a physician''s ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and/or surgeries in the Emergency Medicine setting; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of the individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Boards of Medical Examiners and/or Nursing.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: PA or NP licensure
1. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing emergency medical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by physician.
2. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
3. Carry out complex patient care services under indirect physician supervision using advanced medical knowledge; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient''s progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient''s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
4. Plan and schedule work for the physician''s health team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties.
5. Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
6. Teach students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to Emergency Medicine.
7. Ensures complete and accurate documentation in the medical record of assessment and plan of care.
8. Participate in continuing education in emergency/ urgent care.
9. Remain up to date with department and hospital policy and guidelines.
10. Ensure age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to maintain composure and work efficiently under pressure
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to perform complex patient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
This job description is an overall statement of responsibilities of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform other related duties other than those described herein.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.