NP/PA Surgery Otolaryngology | Surgery Otolaryngology
Job Title: NP/PA Surgery Otolaryngology
Job ID: 2001
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: FAC
6706 NP/PA II
FUNCTION OF JOB
Augment the ability of physicians to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Boards of Medical Examiners and/or Nursing.
1. Provide direct patient care, assessment, documentation, treatment intervention and patient/family education and support in accordance with education/experience, established policies and procedures, and state licensing requirements.
2. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by the physician.
3. Assist in surgeries; provide pre- and post-operative care.
4. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
5. Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
6. Plan and schedule work for the physician's team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties.
7. Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
8. Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited nurse practitioner program.
2. Licensed as nurse practitioner by the State of North Carolina (NC Board of Nursing and NC Board of Medical Examiners.)
1. Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
2. Approved as Physician Assistant by the Stat of North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners.
3. One year of experience as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant or previous experience in the particular medical specialty.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience beyond the minimum qualifications.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Director for the Office of Physician & Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.