NP/PA Endocrinology | Int Med-Endocrinology
Job Title: NP/PA Endocrinology
Job ID: 3204
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-Clinical
Nurse Practitioner Endocrinology
HR Use Only: Nurse Practitioner - Endocrinology
Hospital: Wake Forest University Medical Center
Facility: Joslin Diabetes Center of Wake Forest
Job Details: - Masters Degree - National Certification as Nurse Practitioner
Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who has functioned in the background in specialty care of Endocrinology. Functions in collaboration with physicians according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems.
Certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator
* Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
* Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history
* Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
* Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
* Develops a treatment plan along with the patient and evaluating outcomes
* Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification
* May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority
* Collaborates with medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing preferred.
Experience: Two years clinical nursing experience preferred. Experience with Endocrinology preferred.
Licensed as RN in State of North Carolina, national certification as nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization, current certificate of authority by North Carolina Board of.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.