NP/PA Hematology&Oncology | Int Md-Hematology_Oncology
Job Title: NP/PA Hematology&Oncology
Job ID: 3978
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: FAC
Hematology and Oncology
FUNCTION OF JOB
Augment a physician's ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic oncology procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct cancer patient care within the scope of the individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners.
1. Seeing patients with Hematology and Oncology physicians in clinic; overseeing patients receiving chemotherapy, transfusions, and other IV therapies in the clinic; managing side effects related to these therapies; coordinating day hospital care when necessary; receiving and managing telephone calls from telephone triage.
2. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by physician. Procedures will include, but are not limited to, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy; lumbar puncture, with or without intrathecal chemotherapy; and removal of PICC lines.
3. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
4. Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
5. Out-patient duties will include seeing patients with Hematology and Oncology physicians in clinic; overseeing patients receiving chemotherapy, transfusions, and other IV therapies in the clinic; managing side effects related to these therapies; coordinating day hospital care when necessary; receiving and managing telephone calls from telephone triage on solid tumor patients; performing bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, lumbar punctures, and other procedures as needed. Inpatient consults will be performed as needed.
6. Participate in basic science and clinical research protocols.
7. Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervising and back-up supervising physicians. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
2. Approved as physician assistant by the State of North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners.
3. Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
4. Ability to learn complex patient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience beyond the minimum qualifications.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.