Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Intra-Op Monitor Technologist
Job ID: 3296
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Tech
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare7/2/2013Must have active CNIM license. Primarily functions on day shift, some early morning and late evening surgeries and ‘shared'''' call required. Intraoperative Monitor Technol To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Intra-Op-Monitor-Technologist-3296.htm
NEURODIAGNOSTICS - MAIN LAB
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Primarily functions on day shift, some early morning and late evening surgeries and shared' call required.
Monitors a patient's electroneurodiagnostic data during surgery while working with the surgeon to provide information regarding the surgical procedure's effect upon the patient's central and peripheral nervous systems during vascular, orthopedic and neurosurgical operative procedures. The expected outcome of monitoring is to preserve or improve the patient's pre-surgical neurological functioning. Procedures recorded by an intraoperative monitoring technologist include, but are not limited to electroencephalograms, evoked potentials, compressed spectral array, electrocorticography, and topographic brain mapping.
- Completion of an acceptable program in clinical neurophysiological technology and/or 5 years of experience in the field. Incumbent should be board registered in one or more areas of neurodiagnostics with one registry in CNIM or EP. Completion of a four-year degree in a related field may be considered.
- At least five years of experience preferred in lieu of a training program and two years of experience in intraoperative monitoring.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
- Board registered in at least one area of neurodiagnostics (EEG, Polysomnography, Evoked Potentials, EMG, CNIM, NUS), with a required CNIM or EP registry.
- Current completion of CPR course required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Technical skills in performance of at least four neurodiagnostic modalities.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses, and other ancillary professional staff when discussing neurophysiological technology and related areas.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with public, patients, physicians, and other medical center staff.
- Computer skills highly advisable
Intraoperative Monitor Technol
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.