Nurse Mgr Off-Site Center Hem Onc Mt Airy Location | Hem-Onc-Mt Airy PBC
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Nurse Mgr Off-Site Center Hem Onc Mt Airy Location
Job ID: 5735
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare1/23/2014Satellite Nurse Manager Supervise and evaluate all staff and initiate corrective action as necessary. Ensure all staff follows established standards of nursing practice and comply with policies and procedures. Ensure clinic is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations....http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Nurse-Mgr-Off-Site-Center-Hem-Onc-Mt-Airy-Location-5735.htm
Satellite Nurse Manager
NURSE MANAGER - OFF SITE CENTER 6750
- Supervise and evaluate all staff and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure all staff follows established standards of nursing practice and comply with policies and procedures.
- Ensure clinic is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Educate staff regarding new policies and procedures.
- Order medication, medical supplies and office supplies using cost – effective measures.
- Maintain accountability of all controlled substances according to federal and state law.
- Act as a liaison for clinic by attending meetings and reporting to appropriate personal as necessary.
- Provide specialized nursing care for hematology and oncology patients.
- Verify insurance coverage and perform pre-certification if necessary.
- Assist patients in finding drug assistance programs to help defray cost of medications not covered by insurance.
- Maintain open communication with office physician and staff to provide excellent patient care.
- Accomplish responsibilities through teamwork and through continuous quality improvement.
- To perform those responsibilities specified in the job description of the Ambulatory Clinic Nurse (see attachment).
- To assist with training and orientation of all staff to this clinic.
- To be responsible for the development or revision of policies and procedures directly related to the clinic with final approval from the Director of Nursing.
- To complete performance evaluations annually on all personnel in the clinic.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, plan, develop, manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities/operations for an off-site clinical center which includes supervision responsibilities for a clinical staff of ten or more.
1. Direct and manage the operations and functions of an off-site clinical center. This includes supervising all nursing, medical, and clinic support staff maintaining patient flow and staff coverage at all times.
2. Ensure that the delivery of highest quality patient care is provided according to center policies and procedures as well as external regulatory agencies; monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/support personnel; provide staff development opportunities; and coordinate center-wide Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
3. Develop work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, appropriate resources (space and facilities).
4. Supervise and coordinate personnel activities, including but not limited to hiring, performance reviews, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
5. Prepare salary, expense and capital equipment budget annually. Operate the center within approved budgetary provisions; assess fiscal requirements, monitor and reconcile expenditures, and review and maintain all ancillary contracts and letters of agreement.
6. Prepare management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
7. Develop and maintain communication with management, staff and patients/customers.
8. Serve as the Center's Safety, Infection Control, and HIPAA officer.
9. Act as departmental liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
10. Oversee general clinical operations including, but not limited to record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
11. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing and four years of nursing experience (two years of which must have been at the administrative and/or supervisory level) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
3. Holder of a North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Nursing.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.