Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Operational Excellence Engineer
Job ID: 4854
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / Management
Location: Winston Salem, NC North CarolinaProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare11/6/2013Operational ExcellenceFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekJob Summary: The Operational Excellence Engineer incorporates a unique blend of engineering and technical experience, as well as the art and science of planning, organizing, allocating resources, and directing and controlling activities...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Operational-Excellence-Engineer-4854.htm
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: The Operational Excellence Engineer incorporates a unique blend of engineering and technical experience, as well as the art and science of planning, organizing, allocating resources, and directing and controlling activities which help to improve management processes.
Education / Experience: A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or in a technical related field. In addition the position requires 3-5 years of experience working in process improvement.
Reports To: AVP, Operational Excellence
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: N/A
1. Responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of operational processes throughout the Medical Center.
2. Identify and develop most effective methods of increasing productivity through the management of people, methods of business organization and technology.
3. Optimize processes to enhance quality, decrease waste/rework, reduce bottlenecks, improve process timing, increase output, ensure workplace safety, and reduce expenses (labor, supplies, utilities, etc.).
4. Responsible for project management including work plan development, Gantt chart creation, critical path determination, and issue identification/resolution.
5. Application of engineering techniques including flowcharting, simulation, statistical process control, operations research, benchmarking, time study, regression analysis, as well as Six Sigma and Lean methods.
6. Provide on-going operational, engineering and management support and expertise.
7. Provide business process engineering support for Information Technology implementation, Capital Equipment acquisition and Facilities design projects.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers and manufacturers to ensure availability of services, equipment and tech support as needed to support Medical Center needs at all times.
9. Act as a technical liaison to the Performance Excellence staff and Project Management Office.
10. Facilitation of teams and oral/written communication and presentation of data analysis, project status, recommendations, and results.
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
Ability to mentor others within the organization in the application of Management Engineering techniques
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Vision and MS Project
Provided on-the-job training in Minitab, MS Project Server, Sharepoint and other information systems or desktop applications.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.