Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Program Admininstrator - Joslin Diabetes Center
Job ID: 5664
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / Management
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare1/17/2014Joslin Diabetes CenterFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekJob Summary: The Program Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of a very busy practice and the oversight and management of all staff. The position plans, organizes and develops the activities for the...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Prgm-Admin-Joslin-Diabetes-Ctr-5664.htm
Joslin Diabetes Center
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: The Program Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of a very busy practice and the oversight and management of all staff. The position plans, organizes and develops the activities for the Joslin Diabetes Center program and staff. The position works with the Medical Director to develop and grow the program and to utilize local and regional resources to assist in the program's optimal development and growth. The position plans and implements, in conjunction with marketing, community relations and physician relations staffs, an aggressive physician and patient marketing program to develop awareness of the Joslin Diabetes Center and its services and to increase patient volumes. The position produces and annually updates a business plan for the Joslin Diabetes Center in conjunction with the Medical Director. The position maintains positive relationship(s) with Joslin Center Boston staff.
Education / Experience: Graduate of an approved masters program in such academic disciplines as business administration, nursing administration, or health care administration. Five years of experience in physician practice operations and/or ambulatory management preferred.
Reports To: Vice Chair Business & Finance - Medicine
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: none
- Responsible for overall coordination of staff involved in clinical and administrative services. Responsible for meeting customer service standards. Organizes and oversees work schedules and assignment of work to meet operational needs. Develops and implements procedures to ensure efficient processing of work. This includes copayment collection, referral management and overall responsibility for all provider scheduling templates and changes to scheduling templates. Responsible for ensuring that staff is trained in departmental specific policies. Identifies training needs and assists with training of support staff to ensure staff proficiency.
- Monitors physicians, nurse practitioners and educator schedules to ensure that appropriate staff is present and able to ensure that patients are seen in a timely manner. Accountable for smooth flow of patients through the office, ensuring that access is easy for the patient to attain.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of Joslin contract and affiliate minimum standards. Coordinates submission of all materials required for Joslin annual site review; attends Joslin required meetings and conference calls. Submits monthly statistics for Joslin productivity reports to Joslin Boston staff in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and supervising office systems for quality assurance programs. Takes lead on projects that support service standards and improvements such as access to appointments, customer satisfaction, telephone standards.
- Accountable for overseeing staff who order and inventory supplies, working within set budget parameters. Authorizes office expenditures. Responsible for budget development. Monitors expenditures, prepares variance reports, tracks ambulatory volume to assure adherence to volume growth goals.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about managed care and insurance/billing requirements. Responsible for timely submission of provider billing sheets to insure maximum physician and hospital reimbursement. Maintains and reviews charge master and billing forms for correct and compliant CPT, HCPCS and ICD9 codes.
- Maintains active and ongoing communications with Joslin Boston's Director and Site Coordinator. Communicates information about research projects and protocols to Joslin Boston staff.
- Ensures that all curricula, patient brochures and marketing materials are either Joslin Boston materials or have been approved by Joslin Boston. Responsible for development and execution of business and marketing plans for the Joslin Diabetes Center. Responsible for representing the Joslin Diabetes Center in local, regional, national and international meetings related to diabetes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism required to interact with patients, providers and staff
- Excellent verbal and analytical skills, extensive knowledge of business and medical terminology and systems, as well as understanding of budgets and financial systems
- Solid organizational skills, initiative and innovation. Ability to respond quickly and purposefully to routine and unusual situations.
- Understanding of organizations policies, procedures and operations to assume a variety of administrative details (i.e., resourceful in obtaining information when not readily available).
- Office environment
- Subject to many interruptions
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.