Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job ID: 5612
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare1/16/2014Translational Science InstituteFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekFUNCTION OF JOBThe Project Coordinator is responsible for providing operational support to the WF Translational Science Institute (TSI). The coordinator is responsible for working with the TSI Program Directors and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Project-Coordinator-5612.htm
Translational Science Institute
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
FUNCTION OF JOB
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing operational support to the WF Translational Science Institute (TSI). The coordinator is responsible for working with the TSI Program Directors and administrative leaders to assure success of the activities within the TSI by monitoring progress, improving systems, addressing issues as they arise, and creating programs that will increase the functionality of the institute and provide greater support for investigators. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for working directly with investigators to provide education and increased access to TSI research resources. This position will report directly to the Project Manager of the TSI.
Job duties listed below require excellent computer skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals including staff, faculty, and senior leadership, and strong organizational skills.
1. Act as a liaison between administrators and functional research operations.
2. Increase awareness of TSI services throughout the institution and assist in the development of marketing strategies. Oversee the preparation of materials to promote TSI initiatives, implement marketing plans, and evaluate impact. This includes assistance in the facilitation of improved communications methods via e-mail, websites, annual reports, newsletters, and other avenues.
3. Act as a Research Navigator, increasing awareness and access to TSI-resources by working directly with investigators to determine needs.
4. Develop, review, and analyze budgets for clinical trial agreements, ensuring budgets are in compliance with all regulatory, fiscal, and institutional requirements and policies.
5. Assist the Finance Manager of the TSI by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the financial status of accounts associated with the Grants Management Core.
6. Track various systems and procedures, continuously assessing and improving efficiency.
7. Undertake special projects as assigned.
1. Design, develop and implement projects associated with departmental needs and function.
2. Create reports and analysis of data. Make recommendations based on these findings.
3. Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested. Assist in the administration of the departmental budget by tracking expenditures and performing other financial tasks. Process vendor invoices and purchase requisitions by utilizing PeopleSoft Financials.
4. Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of major projects. Provide guidance to others.
5. Design forms, newsletters, web pages, and other tools as appropriate to ensure the success of assigned projects.
6. Oversee the work of others in carrying out project activities.
7. Independently compose reports and correspondence containing decisions, which tend to establish precedents and which may commit a unit or superior to a course of action.
8. Arrange, participate in, and implement, as directed, conferences and committee meetings. Attend meetings with appropriate staff and faculty as necessary to provide and gather information and assure the meetings/programs are carried out appropriately
9. Coordinate the activities of, and provide semi-professional service to Medical School committees.
10. Sign name to correspondence, requisitions, vouchers, and other forms of consequence, as delegated.
11. Prepare periodic analyses and reports reflecting progress and trends of on-going projects/programs; make suggestions for improvement and implement as appropriate.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One year of project coordination experience.
3. Supervisory ability.
4. Advanced computer skills with the ability to learn new systems and software.
5. Able to develop financial spreadsheets, projections, and graphs utilizing MS Excel.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge of network systems configuration.
2. Knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to payroll.
3. Experience related to research projects and/or grant-related accounting experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.