Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Project Liaison
Job ID: 5560
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare1/20/2014Project Liaison – Office of the DeanFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekFUNCTION OF JOBThe Project Liaison is responsible for providing operational support to the Office of the Dean. The coordinator is responsible for working with the Dean''''s Office leadership team to assure success of...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Project-Liaison-5560.htm
Project Liaison – Office of the Dean
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
FUNCTION OF JOB
The Project Liaison is responsible for providing operational support to the Office of the Dean. The coordinator is responsible for working with the Dean's Office leadership team to assure success of the activities within the Wake Forest School of Medicine by analyzing data, monitoring progress, improving systems, addressing issues as they arise, and creating outcomes that will increase the success of the School of Medicine. The Project Liaison will be responsible for working directly with administrators and leaders throughout the School of Medicine to provide project oversight and implementation. This position will report to the Dean's Office leadership team.
- Design, develop and implement projects associated with departmental needs and function.
- Create reports and analysis of data. Make recommendations based on these findings.
- Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested. Assist in the administration of the departmental budget by tracking expenditures and performing other financial tasks.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of major projects. Provide guidance to others.
- Design forms, newsletters, web pages, and other tools as appropriate to ensure the success of assigned projects.
- Coordinate project activities involving stakeholders from throughout the organization.
- Arrange, participate in, and implement, as directed, conferences and committee meetings. Attend meetings with appropriate staff and faculty as necessary to provide and gather information and assure the meetings/programs are carried out appropriately.
- Coordinate the activities of, and provide semi-professional service to Medical School committees.
- Sign name to correspondence, requisitions, vouchers, and other forms of consequence, as delegated.
- Prepare periodic analyses and reports reflecting progress and trends of on-going projects/programs; make suggestions for improvement and implement as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
DEAN'S OFFICE-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Act as a liaison between department chairs and administrators and School of Medicine leadership.
- Create reports from various sources including, but not limited to, Finance and HR systems (PeopleSoft), Space Database system (Archibus) and Budget system (Strata). Assess and analyze reports and provide recommendations to leadership consideration.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Finance, Facility, Space, and Equipment projects. Provide guidance to others.
- Provide assistance and guidance to departments with regard to finance, budgeting, space and facilities inquiries. Recommend the best communication method (email, phone, meeting, web) to distribute information on these topics to departmental leadership.
- Act as a Dean's Office problem solver – assess the inquiry and recommend solution(s) to address the problem.
- Develop, review, and analyze budgets for compliance with all regulatory, fiscal, and institutional requirements and policies.
- Provide back-up on HR workflow requests as needed.
- Track various systems and procedures, continuously assessing and improving efficiency.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years experience in performance improvement or related field
- Supervisory ability.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Asset management knowledge
- Budget preparation experience
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.