RN Case Manager - Neurology | HR 322600 F
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: RN Case Manager - Neurology
Job ID: 5107
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare11/27/2013A leadership position that coordinates/facilitates and manages patient care, using clinical nursing skills and knowledge of resource management and clinical care requirements for a designated population(s). Demonstrates expertise in coordination of care, patient and family intervention...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/RN-Case-Manager---Neurology-5107.htm
Job Code / Title: 6654 ? Case Manager
A leadership position that coordinates/facilitates and manages patient care, using clinical nursing skills and knowledge of resource management and clinical care requirements for a designated population(s). Demonstrates expertise in coordination of care, patient and family intervention and planning, and participates in quality improvement activities. Facilitates or coordinates required patient and staff education and community outreach support.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN required. MSN preferred. Minimum 5 years of relevant clinical experience. Previous Case Management experience preferred.
Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina. Certification in case management highly recommended within 2 years of employment.
Original Date: 2008
Last Revision: 1/2013
Job Summary: A leadership position that coordinates/facilitates and/or manages patient care, using clinical nursing skills and knowledge of resource management and clinical care requirements for a designated population(s). Demonstrates expertise in coordination of care, patient and family intervention and planning, and participates in quality improvement activities. Facilitates or coordinates required patient and staff education and community outreach support.
Education / Experience: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN required. MSN preferred. Minimum 5 years of relevant clinical experience. Previous Case Management experience preferred.
Reports To: Manager and/or Supervisor, Care Coordination
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina. Certification in case management highly recommended within 2 years of employment.
Essential Functions (All Campuses):
1. Demonstrate clinical expertise while serving as a resource for case finding patients who would benefit from Case Management and managing a caseload of patients. Utilize standard screening criteria to identify patients needing post acute resources. Review available sources of data to identify potential cases and making appropriate referral independently or though Physician orders.
2. Assess all relevant data and obtain information by interviewing client/family and performing objective evaluation of client needs as it relates to physical, psychosocial, financial, cultural and spiritual needs. Assess resource utilization and cost management, goals, treatment, and provider options.
3. Collaborate with the patient, family and multidisciplinary team to develop and implement a Plan of Care that will enhance patient outcomes in a cost efficient manner by defining desired client outcomes (goals) with other members of the team. Collaborate with the patient, caregivers, the multidisciplinary team and community service providers to effectively execute the Plan of Care. Facilitate and coordinate the discharge planning process; ensuring discharge-planning needs are met.
4. Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of the Plan of Care by facilitating changes in the Plan of Care as needed with all appropriate team members.
5. Document Case Management activities appropriately and communicates necessary information to providers and payers Demonstrate the capacity to navigate the electronic medical record.
6. Participate as a key member of the multidisciplinary team. Participate in and/or lead team meetings and serve as a patient and family advocate. Establish partnerships with physicians to achieve institutional goals and provide excellent patient care.
7. Identify system issues and facilitates interventions to eliminate duplication in services and documents significant variances (avoidable days). Identify trends/process barriers and participates in development of plans to ensure a method to move patients effectively through the system.
8. Utilize principles of quality improvement in every aspect of performance by participating in unit and organizational quality improvement activities by using a multidisciplinary approach to develop strategies to reduce or resolve variations in practice. Participate in data collection as needed to evaluate the case management process.
9. Provide age/developmentally-appropriate patient care in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Secondary Accountabilities (Lexington&Davie Campuses, PRN/Part Time Case Managers as applicable):
1. Monitor medical necessity of admissions, continued hospitalization, and surgical procedures using standardized screening criteria and evaluate patients, ensuring that they are placed in the appropriate level of care.
2. Coordinate with referring hospitals for admission to Swing Beds to ensure appropriate criteria is met. Understand the Swing Bed program and effectively utilize those beds in lieu of discharge when appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
? Advanced verbal and written communication skills. Case Management experience
? Computer skills (basic)
? Works in a continually changing work environment
? Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills
? Advanced assessment and teaching skills
? Motivation for self-direction
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
? May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
? Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
? Subject to many interruptions.
? Subject to irregular hours.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.