Senior Business Analyst | VP-Ambulatory
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job ID: 4377
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / Management
Ambulatory Services Administration
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: The Business Analyst prepares, analyzes, and interprets process and business intelligence information to assist Ambulatory Leadership in achieving its financial, quality, patient satisfaction, process management and productivity goals. The position will utilize business intelligence analysis to develop recommendations used to drive operational and strategic decisions for the health system. This position is also responsible for preparing business plans, reports and assigned special projects as aligned with Ambulatory strategic initiatives.
Education/Experience: Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or Hospital Administration and 4 years' experience in healthcare, project management or other related management position. Master's Degree preferred.
Reports To: Director, Ambulatory Administration & Finance
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: N/A
1.Adheres to the general health system standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
• Following health system policies and procedures.
• Following departmental policies and procedures.
• Contributing to the overall quality of services.
• Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
2.Cultivates strategic relationships across the health system and related departments to ensure the ability to efficiently gather information and data necessary for developing and driving strategic initiatives.
• Seeks to understand processes and systems within other departments.
• Offers assistance to other departments across the health system as needed to drive related medical center initiatives.
• Provides timely and accurate communication to departments across the health system.
3.Manages the gathering, analysis, and reporting of Ambulatory Services Business Intelligence (BI) information, for strategic decision making within the division.
• Manages, compiles, monitors, and interprets business intelligence information to develop recommendations.
• Identifies trends and variances based on measuring and analyzing key performance indicators related to both NCBH and WFUP information.
• Responsible for making presentations to Clinical Business Administrators and other groups to update leadership on business intelligence trends.
• Uses BI information to recommend changes to operations to conserve resources and improve revenue.
4. Performs financial and operational analysis to develop appropriate recommendations to drive financial and operations decisions for the clinical enterprise and related departments/business units.
• Preparing, summarizing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual reports using accounting practices and methods.
• Prepares and analyzes variance reports for the Division and provides follow-up when required.
• Monitors actual expenditures and revenues, reconciling records against the financial reports, recommending opportunities for cost saving measures or revenue enhancements.
5. Prepares assigned business plans and special project in conjunction with Ambulatory Services Leadership.
• Assisting in the development of short/long range strategic plans for the Ambulatory Services.
• Uses business intelligence information to ensure strategic initiatives are aligned with value added activities.
• Conducts needs assessments and research for plan/project to provide appropriate input and collates documents in a professional format for decision making process.
6. Develops and monitors data management systems.
• Develops disease specific monitoring tools to measure and report process, operational, financial, satisfaction, productivity and quality metrics.
• Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the Ambulatory Services Dashboard and department specific report cards.
• Collaborates with other hospital and faculty departments for data collection.
7. Demonstrates responsibility for personal development by participating in continuing education offerings and health system activities.
• Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about health system policies and attending personnel updates and other hospital required activities/classes.
• Maintaining professional competence by demonstrating self-direction for continued education.
• Participating in divisional staff meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), facilitation, quantitative, process management and analytical skills are required.
- Strong PC background in computer spreadsheets systems and presentation packages.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Must possess willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Must be a team player with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable.
- Moderate noise level.
- Handles confidential data.
- Subject to interruptions.
- Subject to stressful conditions.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.