Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Sr Financial Planning Analyst
Job ID: 5238
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare12/10/2013Planning and AnalyticsFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekReports to: Director, Financial PlanningJob Description:Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a nationally recognized, fully integrated academic medical center and health system located in central North Carolina consisting of a clinical...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Sr-Financial-Planning-Analyst-5238.htm
Planning and Analytics
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director, Financial Planning
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a nationally recognized, fully integrated academic medical center and health system located in central North Carolina consisting of a clinical health system and tertiary hospitals, WFU School of Medicine, a research enterprise, Piedmont Triad Research Park, and a network of affiliated community-based hospitals, physician practices and outpatient services. With nearly 13,000 employees based in or near Winston-Salem, N.C., the organization produces annual revenue of $2 Billion. The institution's clinical programs and the medical school are consistently recognized as among the best in the country by U.S. News and World Report and hold the coveted Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission.
The Sr. Financial Planning Analyst will be a critical member of the WFBMC's Financial Planning and Analytics team; a group that provides forward looking financial direction to inform executive decision-making and has significant exposure to the Medical Center's senior leadership team. This role will function as a primary point of contact for the financial analytic and planning efforts of multiple Centers of Excellence as well as providing the candidate with unique opportunities to apply their existing skill set, develop new tools, and expand their knowledge base across a progressive organization. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of healthcare finance with specific experience in business and/or financial planning and is looking for an opportunity to join a high-impact team that operates in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Provide planning expertise and project management to targeted institutional growth sectors
- Support the development and maintenance of the organization's long range financial plan, capital plan, and rolling forecast
- Support the growth and development of key Centers of Excellence and Integrated Practice Units, interacting with operational, administrative, and physician leadership
- Contribute to strategic and business planning efforts for institutional projects, providing financial and business expertise as a key team member
- Create business plan linkages to various mission-based strategic plans, Medical Center long range financial plan, capital plan, and medical staff development plan
- Engage with the organization on strategic projects to identify needed information, collect and analyze that information, draw conclusions from the analysis
- Identify revenue and expense trends and conduct marginal analyses for current operations and for new business opportunities
- Track outcomes of approved business plans, measure success relative to business plan projections, and present on variances and their cause
- Articulate conclusions and recommendations from complex analysis in a manner that is concise and meaningful to leadership
- Potential to become organization's financial point person for specific product lines, services, and/or analyses based on knowledge base and interests
- Strong core skills including strategic thinking, problem solving, quantitative skills, analytical proficiency, and understanding of finance/accounting
- Demonstrated expertise in operational and financial analytics, financial modeling, and experience developing business plans and financial pro formas
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in relevant settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills; technological proficiency including use of healthcare software systems
- Should be a Microsoft Office super-user, particularly in Excel
- Experience healthcare is required; healthcare finance is preferred
- Background working with Strata, Crystal Reports, and EPSi systems a plus
- Business-related Bachelor's degree; MBA/MHA/CPA preferred
- The Financial Planning Analyst will be part of the Medical Center Financial Planning and Analytics team
- Colleague relationships will include Decision Support, Strategic Planning, Medical Center Financial Services
- Close working relationships with Business Administrators, Centers' of Excellence Leadership Teams, and Medical Center Leadership
- Highly intelligent with a substantial degree of intellectual curiosity
- A self-starter who is able to work well independent, possesses a high level of self-confidence, an entrepreneurial spirit, and superb work ethic
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment, stay focused, flexible, and positive during times of ambiguity or change
- An outgoing individual who has excellent interpersonal skills and good presentation skills
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and strong moral and ethical standards
- A “straight shooter” who is honest, trustworthy, upfront, and professionally mature
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.