Surgical Specialist I - Davie Medical Center, Bermuda Run | Davie County Hospital
Job Title: Surgical Specialist I - Davie Medical Center, Bermuda Run
Job ID: 4426
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Nursing-Support
PRN Day shift Monday-Friday. CPR certification, high school diploma or GED required. Hospital experience preferred.
**Selected candidates will be employed by Davie County Emergency Health Corporation at the West Campus.**
Renders support to nursing staff in the cleaning of operating rooms, transporting of patients and assists in general overall maintenance of the operating room suite.
High school diploma or equivalent
Supervisor, Surgical Specialist
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION and/or REGISTRATION:
CPR certification preferred or obtained within 3 months of employment
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
2. Cleaning of operating room between cases.
3. Terminally cleaning rooms.
4. Execute the transportation of patients and equipment to the Operating Room.
5. Maintain clean hallways and perform general housekeeping.
6. Maintain and clean PPE Carts.
7. Ensure proper supply levels on gases utilized within the Inpatient Operating Room Suite.
8. Adheres to general hospital standards for uses of PPE when in contact with bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
9. Provide age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to operate equipment, such as OR beds, hamper stands, linen chutes.
Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
Subject to cuts
Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.