Unit Secretary/NA I Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center OB/Labor&Delivery | Lexington Memorial Hospital
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Unit Secretary/NA I Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center OB/Labor&Delivery
Job ID: 5594
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Advanced Practical-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCAdvanced Practical-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare1/13/2014The OB/Labor and Delivery department is now seeking a customer service oriented unit secretary/NA I to assist the nursing team. This role requires attention to detail, compassion and a helpful attitude to ensure safe and efficient work flow. Primary responsibilities include: Nursing...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Unit-Secretary/NA-I-Wake-Forest-Baptist-Health-Lexington-Medical-Center-OB/Labor-Delivery-5594.htm
The OB/Labor and Delivery department is now seeking a customer service oriented unit secretary/NA I to assist the nursing team. This role requires attention to detail, compassion and a helpful attitude to ensure safe and efficient work flow. Primary responsibilities include: Nursing Assistant I duties, clerical duties, responding to patient and visitor requests, assisting visitors, running errands to assist the nursing staff and serving as a unit resource for other departments. Orientation to the unit is provided. Minimum Requirements to be considered for this position include: High School Diploma or equivalent, Nursing Assistant I certification.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates ability in using paging system.
- Contacts staff and physicians by in-house overhead page, in-house dial page or voice page.
- Uses proper volume and language when making voice pages.
- Complies with physician's call back guidelines.
2. Exhibits appropriate use and care of
- Fax machine
- *Cardiac Monitor (for running of EKG strips)
3. Performs clerical functions.
- Assembles the medical records in correct and complete medical record order.
- Care Manager – Days: Responsible for keeping the chart in order. If reports print off on the printer, they are responsible for putting them under the correct divider in the chart.
- Care Manager – Nights: Responsible for going through the discharged chart and making sure all the reports are in the right order, and if any are missing (e.g. Care Plans, Admission History, etc.), they are responsible for obtaining missing item and placing on chart.
- Completes accurate medication sheets by designated time.
- Obtains old medical records from Clinical Data as appropriate.
4. Notifies nurse of “stat' orders in appropriate time limits.
- Prepares discharge medical record for filing in Clinical Data.
- Initiates flow sheets and work sheets by designated time.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and application for use of forms/requisitions.
- Checks unit stock and places general stores orders to maintain adequate stock.
- Complies with procedure in regards to proper application and routing of forms/requisitions.
- Adheres to unit/shift specific functions and responsibilities.
- Familiarizes self with shift and/or unit assignments.
- Carries specimens to Lab in timely manner following safety precautions.
5. Demonstrates ability to perform CPR skills (if applicable).
- Completes BCLS educational training every two years.
- Initiates CPR according to hospital protocol.
6. Teaches patient and family about condition (if applicable).
- Recognizes barriers to learning.
- Answers questions regarding treatment plan.
- Provides valid and accurate information.
- Provides information at level of understanding.
- Verifies understanding of information conveyed by health care team.
7. Completes unit specific functions.
- Maintains accurate log information
- Schedules tours of Obstetrical Suite.
- Obtains and completes birth certificate information within NC State requirements.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 250 Hospital Drive, Lexington, NC 27292. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 238-4205. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) (336) 238-4205 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.