Neonatal Resuscitation Program
This four-hour course has been designed to teach and evaluate the evidence-based resuscitation skills of the newborn. Critical skills will be taught from preparing necessary equipment to airway, chest compressions, umbilical lines, medications, and special considerations. These skills will be evaluated during simulated deliveries followed by debriefings. The goal is for participants to develop optimal knowledge and resuscitation skills in accordance with current American Heart Association (AHA) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommendations.
Fees: $140 (Includes book and ONE online exam attempt)
*Refunds will not be given if you are unable to attend this class. Please do not register unless you are prepared to attend the class date that you have scheduled.
NCBH Employees: No Fee
Prerequisites for the NRP Course
NEW: Participants must complete the NRP exam online prior to coming to class. Participants will be directed to a website to take this exam. Prior to taking the exam, participants should read the comprehensive instructional textbook, which includes an interactive multi-media CD-ROM, and complete the reviews at the end of each lesson.
The online test is challenging, and preparation (reading the book) is important if you want to be successful.
Extra Exam Attempts: $16 - Note: If you fail your first attempt, each extra attempt will cost $16.
Successful completion requires a passing score on the online written evaluation as well as successful completion of the skills performance checklist (lessons 2-6) in simulated neonatal resuscitation scenarios.
Class Times are from 8am - 12pm
| ||2013 Class Dates Remaining || ||2014 Class Dates|| || |
| ||November 4|| ||January 10|| || |
| ||December 4|| ||February 3|| || |
| || || ||March 3|| || |
| || || || || || |
| || || || || || |
Click Here to Register for an NRP Class
NRP Instructor Course
This one day course is designed for the NRP Provider that has demonstrated excellence in NRP concepts and has a desire to achieve instructor status.
Prerequisites for the NRP Instructor Course:
1. Complete the NRP Instructor DVD (included with registration fee) during the 30 days prior to the instructor course
2. Study the Instructor Manual for Neonatal Resuscitation (included with registration fee)
3. Study the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 6th Edition (NOT included with registration fee)
In Order to Gain Admittance to the Course
1. Bring NRP Instructor DVD completion certificate to class.
2. Copy of current NRP provider card (must be received before materials can be given out)
3. Evidence of current training and experience in the hospital care of newborns in a delivery room, newborn, or critical care nursery setting. Those who may qualify for hospital based instructor include: MD, DO, PA, RN, RT.
Fees: $85.00 NCBH employees
$200.00 all others
NRP Instructor Class Dates:
Click Here to Register for a 2013 NRP Instructor Class (NA)
Please Note: All required forms must be submitted, payment must be receieved, and materials must be picked up by Friday, October 4, or you will forfeit your spot in class.