MiniMed School Series on Cancer Scheduled at BestHealth
Over the past ten years, substantial advances have been made in applying innovative therapies to diagnosing and treating a variety of cancers. MiniMed School, a series of community education programs sponsored by Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, will focus on the latest diagnosis and treatment options for three of the most common cancers in its upcoming series:
- February 27 - Prostate Cancer: Evaluation of PSA, Detection and Prevention,
Frank Torti, M.D.
- March 6 - Treatment of Prostate Cancer: An Overview,
Craig Hall, M.D.
- March 13 - Colon Cancer: Innovative Surgical Techniques and Chemotherapy Options,
Perry Shen, M.D.
- March 20 - Colorectal Cancer: Early Detection and Prevention,
Ben Pineau, M.D.
- March 27 - Breast Health: Understanding Your Choices,
Mara Vitolins, Dr.P.H.
- April 3 - Breast Disease: An Overview of Treatment Options,
Nancy Perrier, M.D.
Registration is $30 per person for all six sessions, and includes a notebook, colorectal screening kit and a PSA screening. All programs will be held at BestHealth, Hanes Mall, from 7:00-8:30pm. Call 336-716-1270 to register or for more information. Registration deadline is February 16. Seating is limited.
Contact: Jonnie Rohrer, Jim Steele or Mark Wright at 336-716-4587.
Media Relations Contacts: