Assistive Technology (AT) is any piece of equipment or device a person with a disability uses to make everyday living easier, to be more productive in the workplace and to be more independent.
Assistive Technology at CompRehab Plaza is a demonstration center for assistive technology devices. Therapists and customers can come in and look at the devices, have them demonstrated, and try them out. Many of the devices can be loaned out for short periods of time to be tried out in a more normal environment.
- Hands-on demonstration of types of Assistive Technology
- Short term AT loan to try out device
- Group training & awareness activities on AT
- Technical assistance in selecting devices including showing the range of AT options
- Funding resource information & referral to other programs
- Presentations to groups on specifics AT topics
- Advocacy for individuals & their families on their rights to AT services
Helpful Web Links