Kathi J. Kemper, MD, MPH
Dr. Kathi J. Kemper was the Caryl J Guth Chair for the Center for Integrative Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine and the Director of the Center for Integrative Medicine at Wake Forest Baptist Health.
Dr. Kemper - Bio - September 23, 2011
Dr. Kemper Curriculum Vitae - June 15, 2012
Kathi J. Kemper, MD, MPH, FAAP - Healing Touch and Therapeutic Touch Bio
- BA with Honors from University of Chicago ‘78
- MD from UNC, Chapel Hill ‘82
- MPH from UNC, Chapel Hill ‘83
- Preventive Medicine, UNC, Chapel Hill ‘83
- Pediatric Residency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI ‘86
- RWJ General Academic Pediatric Fellowship. Yale. New Haven, CT ‘88
- Dr. Kemper has served on the faculty at Yale (‘86- ’88), University of Washington (’88-’98), Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital (’98-01).
- She holds joint appointments in Social Science and Health Policy (Public Health Sciences); Pediatrics; Family and Community Medicine; Institute for Regenerative Medicine; the Hypertension Center; Comprehensive Cancer Center; and Bioethics.
- President, Ambulatory Pediatric Association, 1998 - 1999
- Founder and Chair, Center for Pediatric Integrative Medical Education and Research (CHPER) at Harvard Medical School, 1998
- Founder and Chair, Longwood Herbal Task Force, Harvard Medical School, 1998
- Founder and Chair, Program for Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2003 - 2009
- Founder and Chair, Section for Complementary and Integrative Medicine, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2005 - 2010
- Director, Center for Integrative Medicine, 2009 - Present
- * Refer to Dr. Kemper Curriculum Vitae for additional information. **
The Holistic Pediatrician, 2nd edition. 2002
Mental Health, Naturally, 2010
Addressing ADD Naturally, 2010
Future of Integrative Medicine: A View from the United States, 2009
NWAHEC Lecture/Video: Mental Health, Naturally
. Register for CE credits
. Free.* Refer to Dr. Kemper Curriculum Vitae for additional information.
Dr. Kemper is recognized internationally as the leading authority on complementary therapies for children, and is frequently sought out as a visiting professor and mentor. She has been featured on ABC, Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Redbook, First for Women, and many other national media outlets.
Dr. Kemper had the honor of being a finalist for the Bravewell Leadership Award in Integrative Medicine in 2003 and 2005.
Dr. Kemper has been listed as one of America's Best Doctors continuously for more than 10 years.
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine. <WFUBMC publications> <All>