Our Community Involvement
Giving back to the community is very important to us at Wake Forest Baptist Imaging. As an organization, we participate in several local and national fundraising events and are always excited to find new ways to help our patients and the community.
- Each October, our center offers free mammograms on National Mammography Day to uninsured patients in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
- Our company organizes a team to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure each year to join the community to raise disease awareness of Breast Cancer.
- We organize special events at our center throughout the year to serve as a drop-off location for the local Second Harvest Food Bank.
- We encourage both our patients and our referring offices’ staff to donate food for those who can’t afford groceries.
- During the holidays, our employees participate in Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse to provide toys and needed supplies to underprivileged children in underdeveloped countries.
In October 2011, Wake Forest Baptist Outpatient Imaging provided breast cancer awareness and education at Pink Heals.