Cardiac CT Scans
The Cardiovascular Imaging Center of the Heart Center at Wake Forest Baptist is an international leader in the field of Cardiac CT.
Whether the patient is a premature infant with complex congenital heart disease, a high performance athlete with unexplained chest pain, an individual 5 years post coronary artery bypass grafting with chest pain, or a healthy 45-year-old in need of an aortic valve replacement, we can provide the results.
Specific indications for Cardiac CT Scans include:
- Obstructive coronary artery disease
- Anomalous coronary arteries
- Evaluation bypass graft
- Function of mechanical heart valves
- Calculated ejection fraction
- Pacemaker pre-procedure planning
- Screening for cardiomyopathy including arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVD)
- Pre-operative assessment of the coronaries for aortic and valve related surgeries
- Adult and pediatric congenital heart disease