Identifying Candidates for Gamma Knife Surgery
Experts at Wake Forest Gamma Knife Center help determine which patients can be treated best by Gamma Knife radiosurgery. Often, candidates include patients:
- With brain tumors too difficult to reach with traditional brain surgery
- With brain tumors dangerously close to critical structures, such as the brain stem or optic nerve
- Who aren’t healthy enough to have traditional brain surgery
- Who have had traditional brain surgery that hasn’t worked
- Who have metastatic brain tumors but already are having chemotherapy or radiation therapy for their primary cancer
- Who have metastatic brain tumors that have come back after previous radiation
Even for patients who can have traditional brain surgery, there are many advantages of Gamma Knife radiosurgery, either instead of or in addition to other treatments.
Refer a Patient
Call 866-713-3228 to request an appointment.
Out of Town
Call 866-713-3228 to ask us to review patient images and recommend treatment options.
Email images to Darrell Sloan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Wilkins (email@example.com).