Current Molecular Pathology Seminar Schedule
The Molecular Pathology Seminar Series meets Wednesdays, 4:00–5:00 pm, unless noted otherwise, in the R.H. Dean Biomedical Research Bldg, Room 335. The presentation title will appear every week on the infiNet and Plasma Screen calendars on each campus.
- 16: Carl D. Langefeld, PhD – WFSM, Associate Professor, Biostatistical Sciences/Public Health Sciences: "Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and the Genetics of Autoimmune Disease: The Analysis of the Immunochip "
- 23: Anthony A. Fodor, PhD – Assistant Professor, Departement of Bioinformatics and Genomics, UNC Charlotte [host: Kylie Kavanagh, DVM]: "Microbial Dysbiosis in Cancer and Inflammation"
- 30: Paul Listrani, DVM – WFSM, Pathology/Comparative Medicine [Graduate student with Janice Wagner, DVM, PhD]: "DNA Methylation and Gene Expression in the Arteries of Diabetic Cynomolgus Monkeys"
- 13: Taichi Ohshiro, PhD – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Postdoctoral fellow with Larry Rudel, PhD], "In vitro and vivo Study of Beauveriolides, Inhibitor of Lipid Droplet Accumulation in Macrophage."
- 20: Janusz H. Kabarowski, PhD - Associate Professor, Departement of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham [host: Mary Sorci-Thomas, PhD], "Harnessing the Therapeutic Potential of HDL in Lupus: Winning Strategy or a Lost Cause?"
- 27: Jun Zhang, PhD – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Postdoctoral fellow with Larry Rudel, PhD], "Roles of Hepatic and Intestinal ACAT2 in Promoting Atherosclerosis Development"
- 6: Carol A. Shively, PhD – WFSM, Professor of Pathology/Comparative Medicine, "The Profound Effect of Life Stress on Health"
- 20: Ricquita Pollard – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Graduate Student with Mary Sorci-Thomas, PhD], "Lipid Acquisition by Lipid-Free ApoA-I and New Insights For the Role of PCPE2"
- 27: Edward A. Fisher, PhD, MD – Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Division of Cardiology, NYU Langone Medical Center [host: John Parks, PhD], "Novel Factors in the Assembly and Secretion of VLDL"
- 3: Timothy Osborne, PhD – Professor, Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, Orlando, FL [host: Paul Dawson, PhD], " Nutritional Regulation and Physiologic Roles for T2R Bitter Taste Receptors in the Mammalian Gut"
- 10: Erica Wieser – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Graduate Student with Mary Sorci-Thomas, PhD] "HDL Decreases CCR5 Trafficking to Lipid Raft Modulating Leukocyte Migration into Atherosclerotic Plaque"
- 17: Xin Bi – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Graduate Student with John Parks, PhD], "The Impact of Macrophage ABCA1 on Atherogenesis"
- 24 at 9-10 AM: Allison McDaniel, Graduate Student, Pathology/Lipid Sciences, "The Role of ABCG5/G8 in Sterol Homeostasis" [Defense to follow seminar]
- 25 (Thursday) at 1-2 PM: Stephanie Marshall, Graduate Student, Pathology/Lipid Sciences, "The Role of Hepatic ACAT2 and MTP in Hepatic Cholesteryl Ester and Triglyceride Metabolism" [Defense to follow seminar]
- 8: Daniel Ferguson – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Graduate Student with J. Mark Brown, PhD], "Defining the Primary Mechanism in Hepatic Steatosis Induced by Hepatitis C Virus Core Protein"
- 15: Fitriya Dewi, DVM – WFSM, Pathology/Comparative Medicine [Graduate Student with J. Mark Cline, DVM, PhD]
- 22: Kristi Brzoza-Lewis,PhD – WFSM, Pathology/Lipid Sciences [Postdoctoral fellow with Mary Sorci-Thomas, PhD]
- 29: Kylie Kavanagh, DVM – WFSM, Pathology/Comparative Medicine
- 19: Daniel S. Wechsler, PhD, MD – Chief, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Duke University Medical Center [Host: John S. Parks, PhD]