How to Apply
Summer 2014 Dates and Deadlines
The 2014 WFIRM Summer Scholars Program will begin on June 2 and conclude on August 8. The deadline for submitting applications, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, is February 10, 2014. Initial selections will be made in March 2014.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD and/or MD (or currently pursuing an MD)
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
To apply to the WFIRM Summer Scholars Program, please download the application and follow the instructions. The application and two letters of recommendation (preferably from those who can comment on your academic and/or research experience) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For letters of recommendation, please have the sender include your name in the subject line.
In addition to a completed application, a copy of your academic transcripts is required. We must be in receipt of all these materials by the application deadline. Transcripts should be sent to: Joan F. Schanck, MPA, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, WFBMC, Medical Center Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27157.