Come see us at the ASHP Midyear Residency Showcase! The MS/HSPA residency team will be at the UNC administration residency cohort booth #5831, during the Tuesday morning showcase.
The Masters of Science Degree in Health-System Pharmacy / Two Year Administrative Residency Program is offered in collaboration with Duke University Medical Center, Mission Hospital, University of North Carolina Hospitals, and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. While everyone who is accepted into the program will receive their Masters of Science Degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the residency component is divided across multiple medical center sites.
Interested applicants will need to apply to the University of North Carolina Graduate School for their didactic component and to EACH site of interest. We highly recommend applying to all three sites in order to compare and contrast practice settings.
We are utilizing the ASHP supported application portal PhORCAS for resident application submissions. Through the PhORCAS site, and as part of our application packet, we require the following documents:
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of college transcript(s)
DEADLINE for application submissions for the 2014 - 2015 program year is:
January 5, 2014
If you have further questions, please email Nate Peaty at email@example.com
PhORCAS application portal: http://www.ashp.org/phorcas
Application to the UNC Graduate School consists of:
- Completion a Graduate School application for admission (see link below)
- Please select the MS in Health Pharmacy (under Pharmaceutical Sciences) option
- A non-refundable $85 application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts for each school attended
- Statement of purpose
The application can be found at this website:
- Both components of the application (WFBMC and UNC Graduate School) must be submitted in order complete the application process.
- Only one graduate school application is required, even if you are applying to more than one program.
- We participate in “the Match” so applicants must be registered in order to be considered for this residency.
Interviews will take place from late January through the end of February. We will begin notifying for interviews sometime in mid-January.
If you have any questions, please email Nate Peaty at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meet Our Team
Residency Goals and Competency
Rotations and Courses
Projects and Activities