Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center performs more than 8,000 surgeries a year. As a general surgery resident, you will:
- Complete more than 1,000 cases upon graduation.
- Obtain early operative experience.Receive extensive, level-appropriate primary surgeon experience.
- Have a diverse operative experience, including innovative techniques, robotics and minimally invasive approaches.
- Perform complex surgical management for pediatric, trauma and surgical oncology patients.
Our surgical service areas include:
- Surgical Oncology
- Colorectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
- Emergency General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Private practice general surgery
- Salisbury Veterans Administration