By Design OPTIFAST
The Weight Management Center is proud to offer patients By Design OPTIFAST®, one of the most successful and in-demand weight loss tools available today. Under the supervision of Dr. Jamy Ard, this program helps patients take control of their weight with a comprehensive, physician-supervised weight loss plan.
What is By Design OPTIFAST?
By Design OPTIFAST is a multi-pronged approach to weight loss that tackles obesity from every angle. The 52-week program involves:
- A full meal replacement diet to kick start weight loss
- Behavior modification to promote healthy lifestyle changes, such as exercise
- Counseling to address underlying issues contributing to weight problems
- Medical supervision to help you attain your goals and manage weight-related medical problems such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Personal exercise training with a fitness specialist
OPTIFAST is only available at certified weight loss clinics. Our on-site Nutrition Shop at the Weight Management Center sells a full line of OPTIFAST products and meal replacements to make it easy on patients.
How does By Design OPTIFAST work?
Over 52 weeks, patients start with a full meal replacement program and then learn how to prepare their own healthier meals. They receive one-on-one guidance from one of our expert nutritionists, who work with patients to develop nutrition plans tailored to their needs and preferences.
By Design OPTIFAST has three phases:
- Active Weight Loss: 12-week full meal replacement diet using OPTIFAST products
- Transition Phase: Patients begin eating self-prepared regular food again
- Long-Term Weight Management Phase: Our team is available for lifelong nutritional help and guidance. We continue to offer support after the 52 weeks are over
By Design OPTIFAST patients have weekly clinic visits and group meetings to help them achieve their new lifestyle. In the group meetings, our behavioral specialists help guide patients through the challenges of losing weight successfully. Our exercise specialists also work individually with each client in personal training sessions to create a customized fitness plan, based on where you are now and where you hope to go.
Is By Design OPTIFAST right for me?
By Design OPTIFAST is not a temporary diet. The program is a comprehensive approach to weight loss that helps patients lead healthier lives by overhauling their approach to eating and physical activity. This is a direct result of our tailored behavior counseling and medical supervision.
By Design OPTIFAST is typically designed for patients with a BMI, or Body Mass Index, greater than 30 or those who need to lose at least 50 pounds. Use our BMI Calculator.
The typical patient will lose over 50 pounds in 18 to 24 weeks.
- After five years, over 45 percent of patients keep enough weight off to improve their health long term, according to follow-up studies.
- After two years, 40 percent of patients maintain more than half their weight loss; 78 percent of men and 60 percent of women maintain medically significant weight loss.
Want to learn more about By Design OPTIFAST? Call 336-716-6099 option 2.