The Student Nurse Residency program of Wake Forest Baptist Health in partnership with area Schools of Nursing offer this opportunity for senior level students to complete their required one on one precepted practicum in the area of their interest. During this experience, the student will be able to identify areas of interest (Critical Care, Oncology, etc.) and have the opportunity to be paired with a preceptor in that area for the duration of their practicum.
Locations and Specialties
This program is offered at our various locations including the Winston-Salem campus, Lexington Medical Center, Davie Medical Center, Wilkes Medical Center and High Point Medical Center.
Opportunities at Wake Forest Baptist include (subject to change):
- Medical Surgical
- Specialized Critical Care (Burns, Neurology, Oncology, Surgical, Trauma)
- Emergency Department
- Specialty Medicine and Surgical Acute Care areas (Renal, Neurology, Family medicine, Transplant, Burns, Geriatrics, Trauma, Orthopedics)
- Operating Room
- Heart and Vascular
- Must be a senior in an accredited BSN program
- Must be able to work the schedule of assigned RN preceptor for school specific practicum hours
- BSN Faculty recommendation (permanent faculty)
- Academic standing: 3.2 minimum GPA
- Clinical Standings – student has demonstrated strong clinical knowledge and ability to critically think, make sound judgements, professional behavior and interpersonal skills/demeanor with clients/staff
- CNA and/or Nurse Extern